37|| Me neither

Dedicated to krisamal Thanks for all the support <3!!!

I took a deep breath to keep my nerves at bay as Granny rang the doorbell and it's timber echoed in the Ryder's house

I took a deep breath to keep my nerves at bay as Granny rang the doorbell and it's timber echoed in the Ryder's house. A second later the door opened and David appeared, fixing the collar of his shirt. A smile spread across his lips when his eyes fell on Granny.

"Well, well, isn't this my favourite unconnected grandma? I've been told we're the only single ones today, Mrs." he wiggled his eyebrows. "You know what that means?"

I almost rolled my eyes as Granny laughed. "College didn't change your sense of decency, I see."

"Of course not. It's still impeccable" he wincked and opened the door wider to let us through. "Come in, and let me help with that." David took the platter Granny was holding and she nodded stepping by him. He smiled at me in a knowing way that got me blushing. "Hi, Alyson. Been busy lately, uh?"

"A bit." I mumbled making his grin widened and close the door. "I thought you were going, like, spring breaker and stuff."

"Oh, I am. But I wanted to see my family first."

"Good boy." nodded Granny, pleased and -I'm sure- not fully aware what college students do on spring breaks. "So, where is everybody?"

"You can head straight to the back yard." and leaned to whisper as in a top secret tone. "I would highly recomend you to stay away from the kitchen. My mother is going crazy and would put you to work."

"No sense. We'll gladly help her. " Granny waved his advises as if it was a joke; but judging by his expression, it wasn't.

"Don't say I didn't warn you..."

Julia Ryder did look kinda stressed. Still beautiful, tho, in a sundress and a neat apron. Her hair pulled up in a elegant bun and frowned as she fixed some mouth-drolling vegetables in a big platter. Her face lighted up when we entered. "Blythe! Alyson! So good you arrived. This is almost done and Logan said the lamb must be ready in a half an hour or so."

I tried not to overthink about what she said. After all, the desition of not eating animals was only mine, and they did take it into consideration judging by the yummy platter there.

"Where do I leave this?" asked David entering behind us and the woman pointed at the counter.

"And this?" I wondered timidly, gesturing to the covered platter in my hands as well.

"What are those, honey?"

"Oh, just some coffee biscuits." responded Granny with a proud smile and David mouth hanged open in awe.

"Don't play with me. I love those cookies! Can I have one-"

"-after the lunch." Julia gave him a pointed look.