9|| Push and pull

"And then?" even through the phone I could sense Macy's tone held a huge amount of curiosity

"It actually went great." I admitted taking my purse and waving Loui goodbye, but he'd been so focused on the material we made for the last hour since we came back to the Studio that I didn't think he even realized I brought his tupper by him and was going out for my lunch break. It was late, past 3 pm, but it usually was when we work on a session the whole morning. "Drew was so nice and had great ideas. I think we made something really awesome."

"I-" but Macy was interrupted by my other friend:

"I'm not sure she's getting it, Macy." and then talk to me. "What we're asking is what happened with Dylan."

I grunted under my breath. "Nors, is that all you can think about?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're always turning everything I told you into something about boys." I whined, and it was true.

"Well, little Alyson, when someone take all the trouble this guy has to do you a huge favor it's really hard not to read into it." I could practically see her rolling her eyes. "Has he already ask you out?"

I almost choked, pushing the front door open and making sure the 'closed' sign faced the street, folding my coath tightly with my free hand while walking. "Why would he do that?"

Norah sighed. "Do you need another lesson of human reproduction?"

"No." I cringed. "The first one was already enough unrequested."

"Then?" I heard struggling sounds and Norah's complains. "No, wait-"

"Give me the phone." Macy was loud and clear once more. "Alyson? It's not like I want to agree with this nutcase..." sounds on the back. "Yes, you are. Anyways, what I was saying, Norah does have a point."

"Thank you!" I heard her exclaiming from the back. "Put her on the damn speaker already. Now, you heard us?"

"Yeah."

"Great, now let's talk about the sweet model you manage to smitten."

"Oh my god." I face-palmed myself in shame, already feeling my face heating up. "It's not like that at all."

"Well," Macy gentle tone intervene. "It kinda is..."

"Yeap so tell us everything. Especially how are you going to tell Lover Boy he's way too late."

I cringer further. "Norah..."

"Lover Boy?" I could sense Macy's frown. "And who is that?"

"Isn't it abvious? The lost puppy that follows her everywhere."

"Brett?"

"See? I knew I wasn't the only one sensing their tension."

Oh Gosh. This is what happened when I keep things to myself. That everyone around only get half of it and understand everything upside down.