Bonus part || Brett's POV

Hey! Today's officially been a whole year since I started this story!! So this is appart form the current story line, just a bonus to celebrate. This would be the flashback in chapter 14: 'Start over', that party at Jade's but from Brett's POV. Enjoy!

|| Three and Half Years Ago ||

I nursed the cup in my hand to the bottom, wincing at the burning its awful content left in my throat. Now I get why in movies people always made faces when they drink alcohol, it tasted disgusting. But another look across the crowded yard and I felt like swallowing another entire cup of this shit.

Rose and Dave had warned me about the dizziness that comes with alcohol, and believe it or not, their warning sinked more than any of our parents' lectures, yet when I saw that look in Lys's face...

Why was she being like this? Yes, I was completely out of line on her birtday but it wasn't as if I mean for her to fall like that. To break her arm. I cringed just at the memory of her awkwardly bended limb as she cried. I did that.

I made her cry.

I hurt her.

Nothing in my life would I'd dreaded more... except knowing for sure it wasn't the only time.

It kills me to know I harm her in any way, but I didn't mean to!

And ever since she'd been avoinding me all the more.

As if it wasn't enough her pushing me away for Jace, now I even dug a deeper grave by losing my temper like that. What a fucking idiot!

But I'd apologized, hadn't I? The whole car ride had been quiet but as soon as my father left I told her I want her back and she just keep refusing to meet my gaze and insisted in getting inside. As if she even want to be in this party! I knew she only went along because her mother insisted and she rather be ten miles away from me know. The fact that she was hiding with a couple of random girls at the other end of Jade's garden said it all.

She didn't want anything to do with me anymore and at that reminder I sip some more of the disgusting drink.

I just wanted things back to normal.

It was so painful realizing what I took for granted had been ripped away so fast... This summer, on our families' vacations we got so close I'd thought...

I shook my head, clenching my hand at the pang of ache that pinched my chest and spread like acid.

I was so ready to ask her out. I'd had the whole summer and yet I couldn't find the perfect moment. I'd just began to understand what those emotions were when fucking Jace stepped in the way. Then school started and she went out with him. Him and not me! How? She was mine.

It pissed me off so much... I mean, yeah, I took my time in understanding what this thing I felt was, I still hadn't figure out completely, but I was supposed to find out with her, right? Because we both feel the same, right? I could had bet my neck on it by the warm smiles she'd been giving me, responsive to my -little- improves. But then course starts and she went out with Jace!