Chapter 15: Namjoon's Truth

"What do you want me to tell you?"

"All I know is that you wanted the profits divided differently than it had been in the past and you were outnumbered. That's it."

He looked angry at my words, but I did not fear him. "We deserved more of the profits than the sad excuse of a crew we had on that ship." He started. "They were lazy, and the Bangtan group ended up doing 90% of the hard work. All the crew did was man the ship, clean or restock the necessities. The "crew" on the Ivory Key was useless aside from the seven of us. I felt it only fair, for us to distribute 60% of the profits among us seven, and then 40% of the profits among the crew. It was more than fair. They didn't even deserve that, and I told Yoongi he needed to get rid of half the crew but he wouldn't listen. You cant trust them." He laughed ironically. "Do you know how I knew you were on the ship?"

I shook my head. "Of course not."

"That guy you helped stich up...yeah well he wasn't exactly loyal. A few gold coins had him singing like a siren. I paid him to give me information on that ship and he spoke of a beautiful girl that the captain kept hidded below deck. One that he claimed as the Wench of the Ivory Key."

My eyes went wide. "What?"

"Oh I knew exactly who you were...that's why I went looking for you. I knew you were going to be in either his room or in the bunker, but the bunker would be too dirty for a woman. And there you were...right in his room." He sighed. "So when I saw the ship only a few miles from us I ordered my men to not kill anyone but to keep the captain, and his two closest advisors above deck so I could find you."

"Why would you do that?"

He looked away and then placed his elbows on his knees as his hands raked through his hair. "I didn't know you were in love okay? If I had known...I may not have taken you. I just thought you were something to stick it in for Yoongi. I thought that he was burying his guilt into some good pussy." I started to grow angry but I forced myself to stay quiet as he continued. "I didn't know, okay. I wouldn't want anyone...not even Yoongi go through, what I went through with Jin. I'm not a monster."

"Then why am I still here?"

"I cant take you back!" he shouted. "God, do you think that I can just walk on his ship and be like, 'sorry hyung, I messed up see ya on the flip side.' No. That wouldn't go over well. He'd kill me."

This was as perfect of a time as any. "What I if I told you he would be happy to see you back on his ship?"

"Yeah right." He said.

"I'm serious." I said in the most serious tone I could manage. "Just before you invaded the ship Yoongi was talking to me about how many messages have been sent to you, begging you to consider reconciliation. And you ignored them."

"What? I didn't ignore them...I never got any messages form him."

"He had sent close to a dozen." I said leaning towards him. "He wants his best friend back, his genius first mate. And maybe if you returned me you will be welcome back and you can make new arrangements on how to distribute the profits you receive."

"You're either crazy, or stupid to think he'd even think about listening to me."

"I'm not stupid." I said throwing a hair brush at him. He rubbed his arm and whispered an 'ow' but I continued to talk. "If you bring me back to the ship I can ask him to listen to you...I can almost guarantee that he will if I just ask him to."

He looked at me with intense eyes, but it looked as if he was thinking about it. "You really think...that he would listen...that he would forgive me for everything."

"Can you forgive yourself?"

He looked down. "If I can prove myself...then I could."

"Well then prove yourself. Take me back."

He stared at me and I knew I was getting to him. But he needed to feel as if he was making the decision himself. After a moment he got up and opened the door. "HOSEOK." He shouted. "GET IN HERE!"

After a moment I saw a smiling man come down entering the room. "What's up hyung?" he then looked at me. "Nice to see you, Rose."

I nodded to him and Namjoon spoke. "I need you to locate the Ivory Key one more time."

"Awe...hyung don't you think we've done enough damage for now?" he said pointing at me.

"Hobi...do you want to go home?"

His face dropped and she swallowed. "Do you mean...the Key?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Of course." He said stepping further into the room. "Of course I do, Kookie too."

"Well then I need you to find the Key."

"I'll let you know where it is as soon as I find it." And with that the door was shut and you could hear him running down the hallway.

Namjoon finally turned back and sighed looking at me. "I hope you're right about this."

I smiled at him. "Trust me."

It took Hoseok less than a day to find the Ivory Key. It had made port at a small island for a short time before setting sail north, and we were hot on their trail. I was allowed on deck this time, and as I looked out to the sea I could see a black speck on the horizon. It was just a black speck...but it filled my heart with hope. I imagined this black speck was my Yoongi.

I felt someone approach me but I didn't look at them. "Thank you." They said causing me to turn to see who it was.

"You're welcome." I said.

"You have no idea, how long I have waited to go home. Kookie and I have been away for too long...and I miss my best friend."

"Who?"

"Yoongi. I know that he and Namjoon have been friends for a while, but Yoongi saved me."

I turned my body to face him as I was leaning on the edge. "How?"

"Well...Kookie is much younger than us...and I love him with everything I have. When he was pushed up against a wall with his pants down and a far old man behind him...I couldn't let it happen. I pulled the asshole who had him pinned and when I saw his face I saw it was the familiar face of the captian I had been under for a long time. I knocked him out and pulled Kookie up and ran. I ran right into the back of the most feared man of all time. And he welcomed both of us with open arms, offered us a home, and made us feel safe. Over time, Kookie and I became closer and closer...as you can imagine. Tae and Jimin were together and we didn't have to hide anything from our captain...from our brother. My loyalties lie with him."

"So why did you leave?"

"For the reason Kookie gave you." He smiled. "Namjoon would have died on his own...being the first mate of Captain Min has its pros and cons...there are a lot of people who wanted him dead just to get to Yoongi. So when more than one of us left, it showed that he had turned our back on him...in a way it kept us safe."

"That's awful." I said.

"It is. But its true...honestly Rose...I'm terrified of what is about to happen...but I am so excited to go home."

I turned back to the black speck, that to my delight was just a little bigger now. "Me too."