Chapter 24: Genuine Chuckles

Hours had gone by again, and the night was over us. The sea was on our side this time as she rocked our ship soothingly lulling the crew to their slumber.

I changed Jimin's bandage again, and he was breathing level and easy. I took one step further with Jimin's direction of "mixing prurple" and also added the fever reducer. I rubbed the purpley cream directly on the reash before placing a new bandage on it. I washed my hand thoroughly and made my way back to the bed, sitting on a chair next to it.  I was determined not to fall asleep...determined to keep my eyes open every hour until Jimin woke up and gave me that winning smile. So it happens, my eyes betrayed me and my body slumped onto Jimin and I fell fast asleep; the movment of the ship to put my body at ease.

I woke up to my favorite sensation; hands running through my hair and lightly scratching my scalp. I groaned slightly moving my head from my left cheek to my right cheek, feeling soft skin under me. My arms were open and wrapped around the body below me and I tightened my grip. I loved waking up to Yoongi, and I even more so loved waking up to my hair being played with.

I groaned internally before I spoke. "Mmmmm Yoongiiii...I love that feeling."

I heard a chuckle, but it wasn't my Captain. "I guess I'm okay with you moaning another man's name, since I have a man myself."

Hearing the melodic voice that I learned from and missed so dearly, I shot my upper body up to a sitting position. I looked down and I must have fallen asleep while with Jimin. When I looked to his face, I saw the light in his eyes, no more red, and a genuine smile, that warmed my heart instead of making my skin crawl.

"Jimin."I whispered out happy tears falling from my face.

"Hey there, Bunny." He smiled.

"Oh my god Jimin!" I said a little louder. I leaned forward hugging him tightly, hearing him chuckle in return. He wrapped his arms around me hugging me in return and my heart soared.

He's okay. He's going to be okay.

I pulled back from him and I couldn't stop my crying. "I was so scared I was going to lose you." I said and he wiped the tears from my face.

"You did so good." He beamed.

I coudnt help but let out a small laugh sitting back down on my chair. "I'm just glad that you were able to give me just a little bit of help. I was so confused."

"But you figured it out." He smiled. "That's all that matters.

"Do you think you are going to be okay?" I asked.

"The rash that I have is rare, but the medication you used is fighting the infection, so I think I will be just fine. My fever is down, and I can talk, and think consciously."

"How long?"

"Maybe a few days." He said. He leaned down and opened the bandages and brought his eye brows together. "What is this." He said gesturing to he lavender cream.

"Oh...umm it's the fever reducer mixed with the purple elixir. I just...tried it."

"Brilliant." He said wide eyed. "That's probably why I got so much better so quickly. The cream allowed the medication to soak directly into the openings getting to the source of the infection." He looked up to me. "That's genius, Bunny."

I smiled. "I'm going to go get Taehyung...I know he's going to be happy to see you."

But before I could move, the bedroom door swung open banging against the wall behind it. "Jiminie?" I heard and turned around.

Taehyung walked in aslowly, tears in his eyes, and his quivering.

"Hey, TaeTae." Jimin cooed smiling softly.