Chapter 21: Dead Island

It had been weeks since my surprise and things had been...rough. The sea's that is. We were traveling to a land unknown and we had our ship stocked to last us for over 2 months. But the sea was not gentle and the fear of pending death was too thick to think of anything else. After a cold, miserable, and sleepless two days, she calmed and carried us with land up ahead. Hoseok insisted that we spend a few days circling the island before we get off on it, to see if anyone else was there, and Yoongi agreed.

After a few days Hoseok was convinced we would have been the only inhabitants and we started to make our way to the shore. Unfortunatly, the closer we got to the land, the darker everything seemed. The trees were brown and half dead, there were no flowers or color, the sand wasn't the usual tan but a speckled black, and there didn't seem to be any wild life...not even birds.

"I don't want anyone leaving the ship." Yoongi said as we looked out to the island as close as we could.

"Captain, we at least need to check it out." Jimin said.

"No. It looks dead."

"It may look that way but-"

"No buts Jimin. I said no."

"I agree with Captain." Namjoon said walking closer to the edge. Our trip seems to have been a waste.

"We went through all that storm, and wind, and fear for nothing? Please tell me it wasn't for nothing?" Jimin protested.

"Baby, what do you think you will find?" Tae asked softly, seeing his man getting upset.

"I just want to believe that this trip wasn't for nothing...we lost 2 of our crew members to that storm and for what? Nothing?"

"I know how you are feeling Jimin but we cant risk everyone else's life."

"If it's a dead island then what risk is here?" He rebuttled.

Yoongi took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead and turned to me. "What do you think?"

"You're the Captain." I said not wanting to voice my oppinon.

"I asked, what do you think?" He said a little more sternly.

His eyes were piercing as he stared down at me. I sighed before looking to Jimin. "I think you're both right." I said looking back to Yoongi. "I think you're right because it does look very dangerous and some things just aren't worth the risk. But I think Jimin's right too because we came all this way...you're pirates...since when does the look of something scare you?"

Yoongi looked at me and sighed heavily. He turned to look at Jimin and it took him a minute before he started to talk. "If you want to go out there you can. But you can't go alone, and you cant force anyone to go with you." He said sternly. "You are not to be gone more than an hour...and as soon as you come back we are leaving. You have an hour to decide."

He turned his heel and walked away without saying another word. I looked after him and before I could move to go to him I felt Jimin wrap his arms around me and kiss my exposed shoulder.

"I love you..." he said. "Thank you."

I turned and hugged him back momentarily. "Jimin, I just want you to know that though I agreed you should be able to make these decisions, I don't think you should do this." I said stepping back. "At all. You don't know what's out there, and from the looks of it there is no good reason to explore that tundra."

"It's not tundra, it's forest."

"You know what I mean." I said. "I'm gunna go make sure Yoongi is okay."