Ch IX - IllumiNAUGHTY.

[ Chresanto. ]

I couldn’t call Jay last night after that unpredictable kiss took place. You may think it was intentionally, but it really wasn’t. My conscience didn’t even demanded me; if that sounds right. But at the same time, I’m still satisfied on making a move that could escalate our little friendship to another level. Yesterday went pretty smooth and it seemed a bit romantic because of the rainy picnic, and the process of fashioning up a stuffed bunny at Build-A-Bear Workshop.

Hell, I blush every time of the thought of what Jacob said, the part when he say the bunny reminds me of me. The predominant part, he said that most bunnies are innocent, which reminisce him the innocence of me—not virgin-wise of course.

If I was too innocent, I really wouldn't be here in this gym trouncing on this two hundred pound punching bag with boxing gloves.

When something that’s heavy on my mind, I spend my time at the gym as well. Zendaya recommended me to come here when something’s bothering me, besides coming here when it’s so close to game time. Yeah there’s a workout gym back at the university, but I rather workout in this more active gym. Also, I have to get back on my academic grind in August. It’s a failure to believe that I’m about to be a college senior soon my feet enter the building. Graduating with a Bachelor’s in the spring of 2015… shit, where the time has been?

Currently, I decided to give my hands a break from the punching bag and removing and dropping the boxing gloves. Boxing ain’t really my thing but I’m pretty good at it. I stepped in a ring with Craig once, and I beat his ass… on the second try. First try, I was pitiful. At least I got back on my feet and socked his jaw.

After taking my phone out my pocket and pausing my music that I had played on Spotify, I went to my app of text messages. One from Ray Ray and the other from Jacob—which he’s entered as Jay. Maybe I should see what Ray is bugging me about now, then after I take a huge sip of Gatorade, I’ll see what’s up with Jacob.

Ray Ray: American you know i had to cop that foreign 🇬🇧

Usually, I would shake my head outta irritation, but he insert the wrong flag so I couldn’t help but to laugh.

‘Goddamn you dumb as fuck lmao.’ I replied. He probably wouldn’t know why I’m calling him dumb, if he couldn’t see what’s wrong.

I pulled my earbuds from my ears, placed them in my Nike duffel bag, and grabbed my iced punch Gatorade. Hindmost taking a swig of the great flavored beverage, I tapped on a message on what Jacob sent me; and looking at the time on when he sent it, it was nearly two hours ago. I hate to keep someone beautiful waiting.

Jay: hey best friend. what are you up to? :)

Every letter that I’m tapping in the message box, I keep backspacing because I don’t know how should I answer—thanks to this pitch of nervousness again.

For a moment, I quit typing because the mirror that was in front of me caught my attention. I'm glaring everywhere at my fit, sweaty body; even the sweat that’s exiting my hairline. Ridiculously asking Jacob on am I that sexy, I really wanted his response besides a laugh. I understand that he couldn’t answer but he was confessing, so I thought it would’ve been a great time to ask. It’s a little weird that I’m a virgin with an experienced body.

But anyway, just to impress him for a moment, I snapped a mirror shot on my phone; since I am in a room with better lighting. Android Galaxy’s takes crystal clear pictures so my flash was off and I didn’t worry about filters. Plus, I didn’t had to take many retakes, unlike my iPhone days.

‘Hey, sorry for texting you so late. I’m at the gym. You should come with me sometimes lol.’ I sent a message, along with the picture.

“Are you finished?” Zendaya walked in, I snapped back. “Because I was wondering do you wanna go swimming now.”

“Yeah, just gimme a minute,” I nodded. “Just go wit’out me though.”

“Chres, are you sure that you’re okay?” she asked, growing concerned as she’s walking closer to me.

“I’m a’ight,” I mumbled, zipping up my duffel bag since I’m not bothered on putting on a shirt. What’s the point when I’m going in a pool? “I’m bein’ honest.”

“I’m just trying to make sure,” she interpreted. “You know you can depend on me if you wanna talk about it.”

And sometimes it’s hard to push this girl away. I appreciate the fact that she wanna help out. But I’ll like it better if she tend more to Trevor. For once, that’s her boyfriend; something that I used to be to her.