Ch. XXVI - Republic Hero.

August, 2018

[ Jay. ]

‘Spotify users, feel free to download euphoRHYTHM now! ;)’ I tweeted to my fifteen point five million followers on Twitter, feeling over-excited than ever.

My debut album successfully released on iTunes during midnight by Republic records, that I’ve been signed to almost a year and two months. You probably wondering why I’m signed to that label and I’m just releasing an album. Before I filmed an action and adventure movie overseas alongside with Ariana Grande for a while, I’ve recorded a couple of mixtapes. The first mixtape includes me getting my vocals on with songs I created in the past. And on my second one, it’s totally different; I rap. One rap song and two r&b songs from the mixtapes became singles, that impacted mainstream and stayed up a higher rank in the charts. One of those songs, went platinum.

The week after finishing filming Magic Number, I released a couple of singles from euphoRHYTHM, when the album was incomplete. The thirteen track listing album was produced by the help of Metro Boomin’ [who produced the second mixtape], Drumma Boy, Polow Da Don, Zedd, and more other bomb ass producers and only Pharrell Williams and I are the executive producers. Don’t get me started on who featured on the album but I can share the summary of it.

Mainly, it’s in the name. Euphoria is another word for ecstasy and whenever ecstasy comes to my mind, I think of the cause and effect of something sexual. Intercourse, girls, whatever that gives me bliss. Rhythm is let others know that music is the greatest thing that’s invented, and concludes with fun. So that’s why I shipped those words together to figure it would fit for love, heartbreak, cannabis, and lust. On the cover of the album, it’s just me relaxing on Gianni Versace’s gigantic bed, with Beats covering my ears and closing my eyes, drowning into the music. I’m just wearing a blazer as I’m being shirtless underneath, with a random pair of skinny jeans, and black classic Converses. The filter of the cover is grunge dark and nothing is entitled, just the parental advisory label on the lower left. May visualize as something basic but I know you wanna say it’s sex.

I would explain more but I’m saving my words for the busy schedule I have for today. I have to arrive at Keke Palmer’s radio talk show in about two hours, then it’s Radio Disney, 106 & Park, and Jimmy Kimmel. Album release dates does get you swamped but I’m happy. And yeah, I have to go to Radio Disney because I’ve heard they been airing this one song—that’s now my fourth single [#2 on Billboard Hot 100 right now]. Of course there’s a couple of songs on the album that’s abstained from any explicitness.

The best part about being a musician, the fans is candidly loyal. I enlisted them as my Perezels. I know it’s lame because I only put my last name and pretzels [my favorite snack for now on] together but at least you can give me credit for being creative… and loving the hell out of my fans. I have so much love for them that I asked may I have two tracks from the album to be free to download for this week only. My Perezels are spazzing about how they loving the album and praising for my success like for instance: