Bas....Tumhari hi Tumhari Hoon!

Arnav POV

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

IS SHE TRYING TO REJECT MY FEELINGS BY CONSIDERING THIS A MERE CRUSH!!!??!!?

WHY YOUR EYES AND WORDS ARE NOT MATCHING KHUSHI...??

Giving a deep sigh I boxed her into the nearest pillar of the parking space. We were now only inches away from one another. I could feel her shallow breaths on my lips while Khushis cheeks turned pink for the first time since I met her.

"This is not a fling or a crush. So dont you dare try to deny what we have by making those silly excuses of age factor and profession. I am VERY AWARE OF BOTH THE THINGS. However, I am not gonna force you into this. I am just asking you to acknowledge the truth DAMN IT. What we share with each other is called LOVE....Prof. Khushi Gupta."
My voice turned rough with each word.

Khushi turned more red but finally came to her senses and pushed me away from her.
"THESE ARE NOT SILLY EXCUSES ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA. I am your lecturer. We have an age gap of 6 years. And I will keep mentioning this major fact because apparently you have lost your mind. WE ARE ONLY FRIENDS. Thats it. Did I ever say anything to you which would mean anything different? I never promised you anything?!?! SO GET THIS THING IN YOUR HEAD THAT YOU ARE MY FRIEND. ONLY A FRIEND."
Her posture turned rigid with every word and then with another glare towards me she turned to walk away.

"You are in denial. Its alright. Jitna time lena hai le lo Khushi. Par sach to yahi hai...TUM BAS MERI HI MERI HO."
(Take however long you want. But the truth is crystal clear....YOU ARE MINE AND ONLY MINE).
My voice echoed in the almost empty lot.

This made her stop and turn around quickly.
"Sshhhhhhh. SHUT UP ARNAV. We are still in the parking lot. APNI NAHI TO MERI REPUTATION KA TO SOCHO. Damn it you are the son of the TRUSTEE OF THIS Institute. One mistake and I will be finished. MERA CAREER KHATAM HOJAEGA. Please. I BEG YOU."
(IF NOT YOURS THEN THINK ABOUT MY REPUTATION. MY CAREER WILL BE OVER).
Khushis anger turned into pleading with the last words.

That painful look made me gasp. Her tears were my undoing. I rushed towards her and engulfed her in my arms. She kept pushing me away, but my grip was firm. Caressing her head I whispered softly.

"Shhhhh. Please Baby chup hojao. Ro mat. Main sab kuch bardaasht karsakta hoon. Par tumhare aansoon nahi. I promise yeh baat tumhare aur mere beech hi rahegi. I can never do such a thing to you. I Love You Khushi. And its my promise that this will be our secret."
(Shhhhh. Please stop crying Baby. Dont please. I can tolerate everything, but not your tears. I promise this will be our secret).

She whipped up her head and then moved away from me. I fisted my hands in anger not liking the distance at all.
"Thank you."

"Ye mat samajh lena ki meri feelings bhi ek secret rahengi. MERA PYAR HO TUM. Ab kuch bhi hojaye khud se door to hone nahi dunga tumhe. Tum araam se jitna time lena hai lo. Par ek baat yaad rakhna Khushi. Tumhare jawaab Haan hi hoga kyunki Tum bhi Mohabbat karti ho mujhse bas realize nahi hua hai ab tak."
(Dont dare and think that my feelings will remain a secret as well. YOU ARE MY LOVE. Now whatever happens I wont allow you to distance yourself from me. You take all the time that you need. But remember one thing Khushi. Your answer will be Yes. Only Yes.
Since You Love Me Too its just that you have not realised it yet).
With a final word I left her to collect herself. This pain of being away from her was starting to hurt so quickly.

Next day during Economics class:-

"So read this topic where in Prof. James Otteson, using the ideas of Adam Smith, explains how the division of labor is a necessary and crucial element of wealthy nations. You need to be thorough in this so that we can move ahead with the rest of the chapters."
Khushi explained to the entire class. She was so seriously involved in the lecture that I just could not stop myself from teasing her.