Kidnapped - 3

No matter the differences that she and that snob shared at the moment Khushi knew for sure that Aarav Malik will not suffer for it. She will meet the lad as she always does. So what if Arnav and his friends misunderstood her epically? So what if she was not in the mood to talk to them? Why should Aarav pay the price for his brother's mistake? With these thoughts swirling within her Khushi Gupta walked in the direction of the Malik House.

And as soon as she reached the main door an ambushed Arnav stood motionless staring at her in disbelief. Scoffing at his stance Khushi opened the door to greet his favourite pupil. And as expected Aarav gave her a big hug followed by a kiss on the cheek. With a contagious look she returned the hug.

She had to chuckle at his enthusiasm though. Coming here was definitely worth it mused Khushi. The little man dragged her inside the living room. He made her sit on the sofa and quickly sat besides her looking at Arnav. Khushi recalled how the boy loved to make Arnav jealous. It was a funny game that the two brothers liked to play. Junior Malik loved teasing his brother knowing pretty well how she affected Arnav. But today he did not get the usual reaction out of his brother. He simply pouted getting no reaction from his silent brother.

What did you bring for me today Didi? Hmmm something smells really good. What is in the basket?

Khushi tapped her chin twice pretending to think really hard making the little boy giggle with her act. While Arnav noticed how the woman whom 'he did not spare last night' was trying to make his baby brother happy. The angelic beauty did not give up on Aarav  atleast. Arnav thought to himself.

Well...there is Biryani, Paneer tikka and your favourite Rajma. And ofcourse there are cookies for dessert.

Aarav jumped in excitement hearing the name of his favorite dishes. Khushi chuckled at his reaction. This boy will always remain a loyal fan of her cooking. No one had ever appreciated her cooking at her own place, for Amma and Buaji the food always had less of salt or more of oil. Also Jeejis cooking skills good or bad were praised regardless. However Aarav made her feel like the trophy winner of MasterChef. And if silent and meaningful gestures count then a senior Malik too....abort. Abort. No need to think about that cruel monster. Not after what happened. Khushi reminded herself.

Arnav Bhai why are you standing so unsure. Come lets have lunch. And all the rest of you too. Why is everyone so skittish around Khushi Didi today? Strange.

From the corner of her eye Khushi noticed Arnav standing in the middle of the hall and his pack a few feet away from him. Not wanting to draw Aaravs attention on their previous arguement, Khushi stood up and without looking in their direction tilting her head a little as she addressed in general.

We dont have all day the food will turn cold. Lets eat lunch with Aarav.

As usual Khushi and Aarav started arranging the plates and cutleries on the dining table. Taking the cue from them Aman and Raj took the food out of the basket, following them Arnav, Akaash and Rahul too arranged water and glasses.

While the rest of them had the most awkward meal of the century, Aarav licked the spoon noisily to show his appreciation. No one spoke a word. Only sound of spoons moving over the plates could be heard. Khushi felt goosebumps over the left side of her neck and shoulder as expected courtesy of Arnav Malik.

However she managed to ignore the piercing gaze which kept troubling her like always. Focusing her attention on the lunch Khushi took large bites one after another. But it was a mistake on her part which sent her into a coughing fit.

Struggling to breath and chew the remaining bite the woman felt a glass of water being thrusted in her palm. She sipped the liquid slowly which soothed her hurting throat. At the same time a flaming touch rubbed her back and shoulder making her shudder in response. She knew that touch pretty well.