Tale of Madhyampur - 2

Guys here is the second shot of Tale of Madhyampur. Enjoy the supernatural Arshi.

Payal POV

I gulped feeling my heart in my mouth yet again. As Arnav Raizada slash a maniac crazy bazillion year old wizard joined Khushi and me at the dining table. Though the man agreed to have a civil conversation over lunch at my request I did not forget what happened with me a while ago. 

This weirdo interrogates me by compelling me to answer all of his questions. Believe me, feeling so out of control has made me go all bonkers now. Gosh. Arnav Raizada was supposed to stay in that rusty coffin as a mummy! However here we are scared out of our minds sitting with this specimen trying to make the best out of the situation.

He sat at the head of the table while Khushi and I made ourselves comfortable at the other end trying to keep a distance from him. Mr. Raizada keenly observed our table manners and a minute later he too started feeding himself.

Taking advantage of the situation I elbowed Khushi who in return prepared herself to question the supernatural Raizada. She cleared her throat a little too loudly making me cringe.

So...we work for the Archaeology department of Delhi. You probably don't understand what it means but...

I am not a stupid human Brown eyes, I understand everything. To be precise my powers are vivid. Very vivid.

Khushi locked eyes with me floored by the revelation. We both panicked in realization. Arnav Singh Raizada is a pretty dangerous company to keep. And imagining what all he could I pretty much lost my appetite.

My name is Khushi not Brown Eyes.

The annoyance in Khushi words made the weirdo smirk. What the hell? Is he enjoying all this? This is ridiculous.

I know Brown Eyes. Actually this is an endearment for you.

 Khushi's eyes bulged out while her cheeks turned scarlet in response. I could not help but gape at his blatant flirting. 

Uhh...what..

I enjoyed your meal. Thanks for the food. Now I believe I deserve some answers.

Exchanging a knowing glance with Khushi I trudged to the living room along with my friend, whose every movement was being followed by the wizard Raizada.

###

Khushi POV

Is it possible to get goosebumps n red cheeks simultaneously? Actually it is. Never ever in my wildest imagination did I assume that one day the subject of my work would sit in my living room with full confidence and pride. And goodness how can one induce anxiety and shyness at the same time? Is it not enough that Arnav Singh Raizada is a scary 2000 years old wizard. But no it seems that this supernatural being is hell-bent on flirting with me.

His full of heat glances and playful smirk is ruining me now. Brown Eyes..really? It seems like an old way of courting someone. Well technically he is old...oh shut up I screamed at my inner self who is currently going gaga over Arnav Raizada.

So....whats the meaning of this favor Brown Eyes? And don't give me that research story. I am not a fool alright.

Oh really? Now he has the audacity to act all smart as well?? In that case why should I answer him at all huh...

First its Khushi. And second, I am not cooking up stories over here. Its the truth. We were planning to use you for our project but guess you are not really a mummy..are you?