Tale of Madhyampur - 3

OS cntd...

Arnav POV

I followed my human company to the basement from where I fled last night. Nearly twenty-four hours ago I woke up in this place flabbergasted unable to comprehend my surroundings. It took me a while to recall all of it. My dead sister Anjali, my enemy Shyam and of course that life-changing moment when those witches hexed me to a dead sleep.

My only company being my weak body and an uncoherent mindset. I had dashed outside escaping from the only open window finding refuge in the woods just behind the backyard.

And now I am back to my normal self. One deep sleep, two thousand long years, and a drastic escape later here I am. Close to the one human who matters the most to me now. Khushi. My Brown-Eyed woman. Who could have thought that an immortal wizard like me would find solace in a fragile human?

Although I was lost in my thoughts Payal's voice continued to buzz in the background. My supernatural brain multitasked, as I made mental notes of all that she verbalized. My eyes wavered again to the angel standing a foot away from me. Blood pooled in her cheeks as she felt my gaze on her. I smirked recalling our almost kiss. This woman bewildered me when she leaned in to close that minute distance between us.

.....Khushi why don't you take over and explain the rest to Arnav? I mean we are a team I don't want you to feel left out.

I sensed a false innocence in her tone. Hmmm. This girl Payal is really good. I think she knows that something is cooking between Khushi and I. Interesting. It won't hurt to have Khushis own friend on my side.

Yeah, Brown Eyes. I agree with your friend. Take over....please?

My girls' flustered appearance changed to absolute lividness. I grinned mentally watching the diversity in her facial expressions. Her cute red button nose accompanied by that frown between her brows. As soon her eyes met mine I chuckled out loud.

Its Khushi. Khushi. Do you understand you..you...Wizard Singh Raizada.

I like my new name. Sounds sexy when it comes from your mouth Brown Eyes.

Payal guffawed from somewhere behind me. But I did not waver my gaze from the pretty human of mine. Her quick breaths and angry looks pulled me with a force so strong that it surprised my supernatural self.

Whatever. So if you look ahead of you that's your old bedroom. The mighty rusty coffin. Looks comfy to me.

Her jab was enough to wipe my smirk. I narrowed my eyes at her in response and then advanced towards the now empty coffin. It was filled with cobwebs and moles and rolled in one corner was the one thing that held my death warrant. Devyani’ grimoire.

I quickly picked it up in my hands. Using my mind I sensed the magic held in the parchment. Without a second thought, I pushed it behind the back of my neck and faced two pairs of annoyed eyes. Payal was the first to show her annoyance.

Hey, Raizada this is our study material. You cannot take it away.

Let it be Payal. That paper is not as important as our lives. Do not forget that he can go to any length for that piece of paper.

Both the woman shared a look probably recalling how I had compelled them today. Irritated by their tactics of making me feel guilty I simply sauntered away to the table at the corner where hundreds of papers were stacked along with some huge books and a fragile old map of my village Madhyampur. Oh. So this is all the stuff that led them to the location of the coffin. Picking up the map I traced it with my fingers.

This...this map is actually of my own village Madhyampur. I was born and raised here...

My words surprised both the girls. But I could not help but repay these two for their kindness. Khushi and Payal could have betrayed me like every other person in my life however they did no such thing. Therefore I felt the need to share something with them.