The Truth Serum!

K POV

I just dont understand this man at all. When I wanted to work here in his office he was hell bent on making me leave the place. Was he not the one who gave me random stupid tasks taking advantage of our contract terms? Now the same man has called me here after I threw my resignation in his face the other day. So here I am in the pantry room making his too black of a coffee. You wanna know the reason? Sure.

As the ASR is so adamant about his routine, first I am supposed to ensure that he gets his morning coffee, only then will I get the golden chance to speak with him. Ughhh. Whatever now its just a matter of an hour or so, Devi Maiyya I am so done with this cruel and heartless fella.

However while making his black tart I did not forget to add the special potion which Buaji had handed me before leaving home this morning. Yup this potion will solve all my issues as per Buaji and her Nandkishore. This is actually a tested ancient truth serum. Yeah a few drops of this syrup and one will start revealing his deepest and darkest secrets...Buaji' words not mine.

And now here I am tapping my feet on the floor as I stare back at the confused and molten coal eyes of Arnav Singh Raizada. Does he know about the potion?!? No no thats impossible. There are no cameras in the pantry...right? I felt a deep tightening in my throat. Now I am caught. Uh oh. Thankfully nothing of that sort happened. For a while he simply indulged in the bitter liquid, sipping it as if there is no one present here, successfully irritating the hell out of me. Nevertheless sometime later he spoke turning me totally speechless.

Nothing much to talk here Khushi. Its simple. I want you to join the office again. You will get to do the normal tasks like my other staff and no one will bully you like before.

Thank you but I an not interested.

Denying his order in my overly polite and sarcastic tone I turned around to leave the den of the Rakshas when out of nowhere he wedged himself between me and the door making it impossible for me to leave. How did he come around so fast? Are there wheels beneath those shoes? Whats wrong with him? I mused.

Tum aisa nai karsakti Khushi Kumari Gupta.
(You cannot do such a thing Khushi Kumari Gupta).

Kya matlab hai aapka? Humne kya kia hai? Humein yahan se jaana hai, hatiye.
(What do you mean? What did I do? I want to leave from here, so give me space).

Slapping both of his palms on the doorjamb the man made me halt my movements.Hey DM now what will I do? Why is this man so stubborn? Whats his problem? Confusion floated within the confines of my mind.

Pehle to tum meri life mein aake sab ulta krdeti ho aur ab muh utha ke jaana chahti ho...Not possible Khushi.
(First you enter my life and turn it upside down and now you have the audacity to leave... Not possible Khushi).

Kya matlab hai aapka? Ye kya gol gol baatein krahein hain?
(What are you implying? Why are you talking in circles?)

In response to my questions the man began to advance in my direction forcing me to backtrack from him. I am sure that right now to a third person our moves might appear to be a well rehearsed synchronized act. But thats so not the case. Wait a minute why are his words so jumbled...is the serum not working?

Pehle meri baahon mein aake girti ho, phir mujhse jhagda krti ho, phir aisa jaadu krti ho ki main tumhari baaton ko bhool na paun, aur uske baad jaane ki dhamki deti ho? How dare you Ms. Gupta?
(First you fall in my arms, then you argue with me, and then you cast such a spell on me that I am unable to forget you, and now you are threatening about leaving me?)

Annoyed by his accusations I continued to walk backwards but did not forget to retort him.

Aur aap pehle gussa krte hain, phir darate hain, phir itna gussa dilatein hai ki humein bhi chilana padta hain aur phir jab hum thak haar ke ye khel khatam krna chahte hain to aap humeim jaane se roktein hain. Phir to daring aap bhi hain?
(And apparently you scream at me, then you scare me, and then you make me loose my temper and finally when I am tired of your games you plan to stop me. Aint you daring enough?)