Mere Hi Mere Ho Finale

Khushi POV

(Contd from previous update...the phonecall with ASR)

"Are you done with your idiocy. Because I am really busy. Have to get ready. I have a Date with a Hawwt Physics Professor. He is my new neighbor you see. We have been friends for a while now. Same age you see so..."

I am sorry Arnav. So SORRY. FORGIVE ME. AND FORGET ME.
But before I could complete my web of lies he interjected with a humorless laugh.
"Bas Yahi Nahi kehna chahiye tha Tumhe Khushi..."
(You Should not Have said all this Khushi).
And with that he hung up on me.

Thank gawd, atleast now in this way he will forget me soon enough. He will assume that I am a two timing witch who is playing with his feelings. Think of me in a very negative light Arnav. I beg you.

A good forty five minutes later I was just preparing myself to call it a night when my phone rang once again. I was surprised to see the caller id. Why is the watchman of our building calling me at this time? Feeling confused I answered it quickly.
"Hello Rameshwar whats wrong?"

"Madam there is a man here who wants to visit you. I told him specifically that he cannot visit at this time as per the rules of the society(apartments). However he is very adamant to meet you. His name is Arnav Singh Raizada."
My jaw turned rigid in response.

"Fine. Allow him to come up. It must be important. Just bend the rule for tonight Rameshwar. Thank you."
Saying so I cut the call.

I was pacing back and forth with the door of my apartment wide open. Finally a good 2 minutes later Arnav sauntered inside the door with a wide smirk.
"Mujhe to Tum bilkul bhi apni Date night ke liye ready nai lag rhi Khushi Gupta. Where is the Hawwt Professor by the way? Living room mein hoga right? Did you offer him a soda yet?"
(You dont look Ready at all for this Date of yours Khushi Gupta.Where is the Hawwt Professor by the way? Must be drinking a cool soda in the Living room...right)
His voice bled with sarcasm.

"Just go to hell Arnav."
I said as coldly as possible. Spare both of us from this pain. Let go Arnav. I thought while my heartbroke with every word that I uttered.

But he is too stubborn to agree with things that are easy to do. A dark look appeared in his eyes and then I found myself in his arms. He snaked them around my waist in a tight grip. To make matters worse he even touched our foreheads together.

"I am already in Hell. Tumse door rehna meri liye jahanum se bhi battar hai. Tumhe kya laga Khushi? tum EK JHOOTI KAHANI BANAUGI AUR MAIN MAAN LUNGA. Mere alawa tumhe koi dekh bhi nai sakta. Date to door ki baat hai. Bahut de dia tumhe time. Tum to mere sabar ka imtehaan hi lene lagi."
(Staying away from you is more than hell for me. What were you thinking Khushi? You will MAKE UP A STORY AND I WILL BELIEVE YOU? Excluding me No one can even stare at you. Date is a far away concept. Thats it I have been patient for a while now. However, you are adamant on testing the waters huh).
He snarled on my face.

Continuing my pretense I tried to give him another sarcastic response but my heart was in my mouth.
"Whatever. Kahaniyan main nahi tum..."
(Whatever. I am not making up stories...)

However he interjected me quickly.

"Shhhhhh.....I said no lies beautiful. Tomorrow is the D-day Khushi Gupta. If I dont get any answers by tomorrow I swear main kuch aisa kardunga jisse tumhe bahut taqleef hogi. Goodnight love."
With a rough kiss on my forehead he walked away without any care.

And here I stood all breathless and out of control. Damn it. Why do I loose myself when he touches me. It happens every single time. No no. I cannot let this happen. Mr. Arwind will never approve of this. I will only end up hurting Arnav. I dont want to create a distance between the father and son. Tears rolled down my eyes. A sudden sadness enveloped me.