My Protector

The fierce animal advanced towards me with such a bone chilling roar that I backed away from him, screaming at the top of my voice. His huge furry body and big limbs caused me to shiver at the spot. I knew it there and then that my end is coming, that I Khushi Kumari Gupta will face a bitter death at the claws of this vicious animal.

Chanting the name of Devi Maiyya I backtracked till I found my behind plastered to the bark of a tree. I wish I had taken the long route, I wish I had not run away from him. I wish he was here to protect me like always. But in my stupidity I had done the unacceptable. I had rejected him. And now I will never get the opportunity to tell him that despite all of my fears and insecurities he is the only one who managed to capture my heart.

However I am afraid that I lost him. I lost my one and only love, Arnav Raizada. And then it happened, with a final growl the werewolf jumped to attack me and I shut my eyes waiting for the inevitable. My painful death.

I love you Arnav....

I will always love you...

Forgive me....

Strangely enough nothing really happened to me. No pain, no trickling blood, I did not even sense a bruise, so naturally I opened my eyes to see what was wrong with the animal. But what I saw, made my jaw fall on the dirty forest ground. The giant creature was lying with a broken neck at the base of the tree in front of me taking his last breaths. And a few feet away to my left stood the one from whom I had run away in fear a few hours ago.

Flashback...

"Khushi please listen to me I swear I wont hurt you. After all you are my soulmate. I am sorry I lied about my true identity but I was scared to death that you would leave me after knowing that I aint a normal human being like you..."

And I jumped away watching the red eyes and double set of fangs. He was called a hybrid..half vampire and half wizard. This is his true form and the reality hit me pretty fast. Arnav Singh Raizada is not a business major but a supernatural being who thinks that I am his otherhalf, his soulmate.

"I...you..stay away from me you...whatever YOU are Arnav. You are not a human you are a BEAST. You lied to me. How can you think of me loving you? Are you crazy?!?! I was a fool to fall for your charms. You are nothing but a MONSTER. Now get away from me."

Those were my last words to the man who I had thought to be my love. He is nothing but dangerous. We can never be together. Ever. And so I turned away from him leaving him all alone at the empty road.

Flashback ends...

And at this moment the same creature who scared me stood beside me like a shadow protecting me from the worst fate. From death. What an irony. The one who I named Monster was brave enough to keep me safe.
My shamefilled tears made my vision blurry. I did not know how to apologize to this person. I called him a Beast...a beast, still he saved my life. I am such a fool.

"Are you alright Khushi? Did he hurt you? Talk to me please...?"

I kneeled on the forest floor with my back still against the tree. He still cares. Arnav still loves me. I mused. Why?What did I do to deserve such devotion from him? He should hate me but here he is safeguarding me from troubles. He is your Prince Khushi. Your Mr. Right. So what if he is a little different, do not forget that he has a heart of gold that beats for only you. Khushi peptalked to herself.

"No I am not alright. I hate myself. I dont deserve you. I called you a Monster...a Beast and you still came here to shield me from this creature. Why Arnav? Why do love me so much? You are a gem of a person and I am a selfish bi**ch."

I lifted one of my hands to wipe my tears but Arnav beat me to it. His warm and strong hands cupped my weeping face wiping the traces of tears with his thumb. When did he come so close to me? Is this his supernatural speed?

"Hey...Khushi dont say that. I know its not easy to accept what I thrusted in your face. Me being a hybrid, an immortal supernatural being is a frightening truth that can make anyone fear me. Your anger and distrust for me is justified. I understand. You are only a human after all. And I can never hate you. You know that. All I wanted was to be honest with you."

Not giving a damn about his fangs or red eyes, this time I embraced the love of my life. He simply asked for my love and that is what he will get from me. If I let him go now then this will be a big stupidity on my part. And I will definitely regret my decision later. So this time I did the right thing.

"Forgive me please. I dont hate you. I am sorry. I love you too Arnav Singh Raizada. My man. My protector."

This time he pulled me up from the ground and stared at my face for a while. Maybe he actually found what he was looking for all along in my eyes because that is when he chuckled. The strong man picked me up and swung me around in circles making me giggle out of happiness. The woods were now spinning so fast that I felt the accompanying dizziness.

"Stop. STOP ARNAV."

I screamed but he was too happy to listen to my words. Rather he said something which echoed throughout the forest. A reality that shocked me yet again.

"KHUSHI LOVES ME!!!!!!"

I could not help but laugh outloud at his statement. And here I was trying to stay away from the one person who is crazy for me. Silly arent I? Definitely silly.

"YEAH KHUSHI LOVES ARNAV HAMESHA!!!!!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guys. I finally updates my OS series. I know Arshi Addictions is running slower than normal, and I accept the complaints but things at home are keeping me super busy these days. Well this was a random thing that popped in my head a while ago so I thought why not give it a try. And yes its pretty small but something is better than nothing right? Very soon I will update OPR as well. Inshallah.