It's a Hard Time, I Know

+Red Army Base+

"It's nice to meet you in person, Red Leader."

Tord looks at the leader and his former soldier side by side. He's quite surprised to say the least.

"Please call me Shadow, this mask and voice will be what I will use when I communicate with you. Remember it well, if you will." Tomi bows his head at his father and newly brought up Android.

He then takes a step forward, soldiers on guard as he comes closer with Ace following behind him with a comfortable space. He stops right in front of Tord, Thomas not doing a thing because he trusts Tomi's actions.

"I have come with a gift as well."

"What?" Tord questions confused as Shadow places his hand into his hoodie pocket to pull out an envelope.

"A letter from a loved one." He holds the paper out for the man to take.

Cautiously and on guard, Tord accepts the letter from Shadow. He opens the letter up to pull the letter out and unfold it.

It said:

Dear Dad,

Rest your heart, I'm safe and well.

-Tomi T. Lawson

His left eye widens as tears collected in the corner of his eye. He looks at Shadow who tilts his head to the side.

He giggles, sure enough for anyone to assume, a smile present under his mask.

"Shall we continue this inside?"

~+With Torm+~

Torm opens his eyes as the sunlight starts hitting his face. He blinks a couple of times as he sits up on the bed.

"What time is it?" He mumbles to himself. He turns his head to look at the digital clock resting on top of the nightstand.

The digital numbers showed 12:10 as they should.

Right on time, his stomach growls to let it's owner know it's hungry due to missing breakfast as well. He rubs his stomach deciding to finally get out of his room to get food in the dining hall.

Before he could even get out of bed, rapid knocking is heard against his door surprising him.

"Torm! Torm! Open the door please!"

The pleads of his sister reach his ear, thus making him bolt from his bed and pull the door open almost off its hinges. His sister sitting on the floor, in tears, a piece of paper clutched in her hands close to her chest.

"T-Torm..." She cries trying to dry her tears. Tika does her best to reach out her hand holding the piece of paper to her confused and worried older brother.

Torm kneels down before her, taking the paper before hugging her tightly in his arms. With one arm trying to comfort his sister, he uses the other to hold the paper to read it behind her back.

He reads the simple letter until he reaches the name of the sender.

-Tomi T. Lawson

"Tika..."

His sister holds him tightly.

"Where did you get this letter?" Torm's voice shakily asks as he stands up with his sister. He supports her lightweight, feeling that she must have ran all the way here like crazy.

Tika does her best to answer him as she keeps using her selves to wipe her tears.

"Dad's meeting with a leader today... He brought the letter as a gift."