Morning Light

~+Morning: Red Army Base+~

Morning at the base came along soon after the night had gone by.

Tord had received a properly filed report on Asher and the intruder's status so far. Surprised, he found Asher had died. The person who had loved his son so dearly and who his son loved back just the same. He had kept his temper in check after reading how the intruder is hanging onto his life but down in the cells waiting for interrogation or possible torment.

Although he should rethink doing anything to the rat since seeing his son's eyes last night.

Not Torm's eyes, but Tomi's eyes.

They were very sharp and probably without his son's awareness the half demon probably didn't notice the slight purple smoke coming out either.

At the moment, his two oldest sons sat before him on the opposite couch. Tomi's eyes still sharp but soften slightly. He notes it might be because Todd is in his arms while Torm leans on him with closed eyes.

'Oh, that reminds me. I have to give Torm another visor.' He thinks to himself. Seeing his son's face still bare without the visors often makes him think about the past. About himself and Torm's upbringing when he was still small.

"Dad, about last night..." Tomi says slowly.

Tord sighs, "I read the report from our doctors earlier this morning." His silver eyes look at his son's black ones with pity. "It's a tragic loss and he will be remembered very dearly."

The news of the loss brought back memories of Tom's death. It hurt but he has to stay strong for the kids with the time he has left with them. He wants to make the best memories with them while he's still alive and well.

His hands clenched on his lap, "I already have soldiers working on having his burial ready."

Tomi nods solemnly while Torm merely hides his face against his brother's shoulder. Todd obviously doesn't understand the situation, but by intuition he knows everyone is sad. Especially the younger looking version of his grandpa.

Tord taps his finger against his arm rest while thinking about a certain something he's been working on.

"Tomi, could you possibly stay home for the time being. I'd like you to watch over your older brother for now." He asks. His son looks at him with unvoiced questions so far. "There is something I've been working on for Torm and Asher for when they come back from their trip. However, given the circumstances right now, I think it would be better for him to receive his gift in a couple of days when he's more stable."

"I can be here to support Torm for awhile, but I have a feeling you want me to stay a bit longer because of said gift. What is it?" Tomi asks unsure of his dad's plans.

"You'll see in a couple of days Tomi." Tord gets up from his seat and walks over behind the couch his sons and grandson sat. He pats Tomi on the head while he gently placed his other hand on Torm's shoulder. "Until then, watch Torm."

"Sure Dad," Tomi leans his head back to look at the older Lawson.

Tord left his sons to go out with a wave of his hand. He needed to go out and smoke a cigar for old times sake after everything that has happened. Can't really do that with his grandson in the room.

As for Torm, he peeked some interest in what his father has planned for his and Asher's return. He wanted to know but at the same time he didn't want to.

"Tormy, let's go to the garden?" Tomi offers to give a fresh start to a new day. "Maybe we can play some music together like old times sake... if you don't mind."