Ch.30

~Time Skip~
         Pecking and scratching wakes me from my sleep. The piercing sound reminds me of nails on a chalkboard and it isn't going away. "Bloody murder! What the heck is making that sound?!" I ask the air as I hold my ears. Getting up from the huge fluffy bed, I go and try to find what's making that awful screech. This is my last day on the island and its already going off in a bad start. The last few days have been so peaceful and relaxing. I went hiking, skinny dipping in a lake I found in the jungle, jumping off high cliffs and surviving thanks to my teleporting powers. But now a mysterious sound wants to ruin my last peaceful night of sleep? Not happening.  The sound seems like it's coming from the window, it's probably some animal of sorts. I draw out my black pocket knife from the nightstand drawer and make my way over to the window. The black out curtains are doing their job and preventing me from seeing what's behind curtain number one. I even roll my eyes at that thought. Okay me on the count of three. One. Two. Three. I yank back the curtain to see a big a** bird trying to make its way in my room. "Oh heck no!"
        The bird is at least a foot tall by a foot wide. Its feathers is as black as coal and its eyes are blood red and its squawking is a blood hurdling scream. Ugh. My headache is coming back. Stupid bird. I close my knife, but before I can put the curtain back in its place, the bird uses flies back and uses all of its force and busts through the window. Glass flies everywhere and the bird goes crazy in my room, bumping into everything and knocking it over. Suddenly, the bird spots me and makes a wild dash for me. My eyes widen, crap. Claws and a sharp beak comes directly for me. I manage to block most of the attack from my face, but my forearms aren't as lucky. This bird is going to have a permanent flight when I get my hands on it.
           I'm getting pissed and this bird isn't letting up. Taking my knife, I begin to fence with the rejected KFC's mascot. Going one on one with the fowl beast (pun kinda intended.) for a minute or two, I get tired of fighting it and try to smack it into the far wall, but to my surprise, it doesn't budge. "What the?" It slices my face diagonally across my eye, leaving a trail of blood from my upper left forehead to my chin in my moment of hesitation. I scream in pain. My vision in my left eye is now bloody red. That gives a new meaning to seeing red.
         "That's it bird! Now you're gonna die!" My inner demon makes its presence known in my voice. My body is about to combust in flames, trying to make my inner demon come out, but I try to restrain in by controlling my emotion with my breathing. The bird pulls back and is about to launch at me again, but I manage to summon up a fire ball and pitch it at the pest. Bingo. It connects with the bird and sends it flying out the top of the window it came in by. Holding my head to try to stop the bleeding, I make my way over to the window, but to my surprise, the bird is gone and the only thing that's on the ground is broken glass and a cloud of smoke. "Stupid bird." My demon is still lingering in my voice. I turn away from the window crime scene and begin to pack my bags. That's the only way I can calm myself down now.
             After I get all my things packed, shower and put on some decent clothes, I give Slenda a call. "Hello?" "Hey Slenda, its Y/n." She sounds tired, but who wouldn't? Its three a.m. "Oh, hi Y/n. Is everything okay? Its not time to pick you up." I sigh and hold my head, "I know, and I'm sorry to wake you, but something happened and I need to come home." "What happened?" Her tone has become serious and I hear ruffling in the background. I assume she's getting dressed. "I'll explain later." "Okay. I'm on my way. I love you." "Love you too." I end the call and sit down on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. This is go on a be fun explaining this to the girls. The only place I don't have scars on my body and the bird just had to ruin it. Maybe it won't scar though. Let's hope.
          A silver portal opens up in front of me, but I don't dare to look up. "Y/n, are you okay?" I shake my head slightly, "Not really. I got attacked." "What do you mean you got-" I raise my head and show her my face. My vision is still kind of red and blurry in my left eye, but it'll go away... Hopefully. "Oh my God! Y/n!" She rushes over and cups my cheeks when she sits beside me. Her hands are ice, but it feels so good. "What happened?! Who did this?!" I kiss the palm of her left hand, "Me and this big black bird with red eyes decided to play chicken when it broke in and it got a hit in, but at the end I sent it flying through the window... I hope you're not mad. I'll replace it." She shakes her head at me, "Y/n, all this can be replaced, but you can't." I see her tense up as she examines the scratches, "You'll have to see Ann ASAP." I sigh, "I will, but not this early. She needs rest, and so do we. I'll see her when I wake back up." She kisses me, "Okay, but you're sleeping with me tonight." Heat rushes up to my cheeks. That's not what she means Y/n.
          I smile close to her lips, "If you insist. Let's just get out of here." She nods and stands up, offering me a hand. I take it with a smile and grab my bags when we break apart. Looking around the messy room, I use my powers to fix everything broken and straighten everything up. "There we go, good as new." She gives me a gentle tap on my chest, but kisses my cheek, "Thank you." "No problem." She opens a portal then we go through it. We end up in her bedroom and she closes it when we're both through. "Get comfy Y/n, you're gonna need it." She says as she takes off her clothes down to her black lingerie. I take off my clothes down to my boxers and lay down on the bed. Good thing my head isn't hurting me right now. I guess my face is taking its place. Slenda comes over and we both get under the covers. She presses her back against my chest and wraps my arms around her, "Goodnight Y/n. I love you." I let out a small smile against her raven hair, "I love you too Slenda. Goodnight."
                    ~Slenda's POV~
      When I feel Y/n's breathing slow down to a decent rhythm, I can finally try to calm down. I'm internally freaking out because the island has no wildlife on it. No animal shouldn't be on it. Sure seagulls come and go on it when they need a break from flying, but they don't live there. I built it away from everyone and everything. So I don't know how a bird matching Y/n's description ended up on the island and it scares me that it just attacked him on sight. I feel Y/n pull me closer to him and I can't help but feel a little warm in my chest when he does. He's been through a lot. I just hope this was just a freak accident.
                       ~Bird's POV~
         I fly back to my boss's residents and change back into my original form when I meet her face to face. Bowing down, I kiss her hand when she offers it. "Did you find him?" Raising my head, I give her a devilish smile. "Indeed."