Chapter 4

I am still standing in front of the building as I try to process what happen.

"I know this is sudden Marie, but I brought him here to apologize to you personally." Edward said.

"Is this a joke?! A while ago Edward was just punching his face and then with a flash you two were okay." Raine exclaim.

"I know all of you are confuse. All I can say is that Ajax is not part of the scheme that Jenny has done. It was all coincidence that Ajax was there. The plan was made by Jenny which is to corner Marie and humiliate her. But Jenny didn't know that Ajax was there, so the conflict happen as Jenny saw Marie was on top of Ajax and already having a conclusion that Marie is really getting the attention of Ajax." I am silent.

"Ajax came here to apologize and also for the behalf of Jenny." David look at me and I look down. I squeeze Raine's arm and she knows what I am trying to say.

"I'm sorry Edward but I need to rest. I have a long day and I don't want to exert myself more." Edward nod and tap the shoulders of Ajax. When they left Raine let me sit down at the lobby's sofa.

"We will accompany you till your apartment. Don't worry we will not tell your Mom about what happen." I hug Raine.

"Thank you, Raine, David." David pat my head and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Don't say it Marie. It is natural. What has gotten with Edward?!" Raine, David and I walk to our apartment.

Mom is smiling widely when she open the door but it changes after seeing the bruises and wounds I have.

"What happened?" I am almost urge to cry. But I stop it as I can. I can't let Mom worry to much. It hurts thinking that I will be destroying what she hopes for the both of us.

"Uhm, Mrs. Evergarden. I am Raine and this is David. We are Marie's classmates, we had a basketball game a while ago. Marie exert too much effort so she ended hurt. But don't worry Mrs. Evergarden it is just minor and no serious injury." Mom seems to buy Raine's alibi and her worrying eyes seem to decrease.

"Please come in." Mom said.

"Thank you Mrs. Evergarden but we would like to apologize as we need to go home as it is getting late." Mom nod and smiles at them.

"Maybe next time then. Take care on your way." Raine and David bid their goodbyes. Mom also thank them for bringing me home.

"Are you really alright Marie?" Mom hold both of my shoulders.

"I am Mom, don't worry. Your daughter is a strong person, right?" I let out a happy tune so that Mom would not notice that I am in pain. Mom just smiles at me and I go to my bedroom to have a rest.

I receive some texts from Edward, Raine and David. I am going to reply them when David call.

'Hello'

'Hey, how are you doing?'

'I am already laying down in my bed'

'Did I disturb you?' His voice is kinda panicking upon asking me. I smile.

'No, I am just lying down.'

'I am really sorry that I was not there for you. For all the things I said to you yesterday makes me feel like I am not qualified to be one'

'Don't blame yourself David. It's fine. It's just that things happen unexpectedly. But hey, you were there for me right? So don't be mellow about it.'