Chapter 8

"Hannah!" I am more shock that he is different around his cousin. "I bring you some fruits, as always." They hug each other.

"Marie, I would like you to meet my favorite cousin, Ajax." Should I tell that I know him or not?

"I know her, we are in a same University." Ajax answered the question in my mind. Hannah gasps. "Right! I remember, both of you were in the musical right?" I nod and smile at her.

"Atleast now, my two favorite persons are here. I am so happy." It is kinda awkward that Ajax is nice to me.

We spent a lot of time talking a lot and play. I didn't even realized the time. I check my cellphone and there's a lot of texts from Raine and David.

I read everything, Raine already went home first and David insists on bringing me back home, I immediately message him that I can go home by myself today, I know that he is tired from the musical, he needs to take a rest. I made sure to him that I can go home by myself and David left me a message to call him as soon as something happens when I go home.

"Hannah, it's getting late. We need to go home now as we have classes tomorrow. We can visit you again sometime, okay?" Hannah nods and hugs Ajax.

"I will visit you Hannah soon." I said. I come near at Hannah and gives her a hug. "Promise?" She raise her pinky finger, I raise mine and we do a pinky promise. "I promise."

We left Hannah's room and we are now walking in silence. No one dares to speak and I just go all the way and didn't mind him.

He stops at his tracks, I didn't stop and still walk. "Please don't tell anyone about Hannah." That's when I stop from walking, I didn't look back at him.

"Even you didn't tell me, I am not going to. I respect Hannah's privacy." I continue to walk.

"I will bring you home." I act like I didn't hear him.

I can sense that he is following me. I didn't bother on talking to him. If it is his choice then be it. When I am already at my street, I stop for a while and look at him. "You shouldn't have brought me home. I can do it myself."

He stops meters away from me. I can't quite see his face because it is dark. "Just think of it as an apology for you and a thank you for making Hannah's day great today." I just nod. "You should go home now." I said.

I go to our building and before I go inside I check if he is still there but he isn't. I think he left already.

The next day, it is already the results of our Preliminary Examination. Raine, David and I go to the bulletin board to see the Top 3 within this year's preliminary.

There are a lot of people as the Top 3 from 1st year to 4th year are listed there.

"Excuse me, let us through." We squeeze ourselves into the crowd. We are searching for the 1st year's list and viola I find it. Raine's scream is already echoing within the hallway before I sink everything in. "Congratulations to us!" Raine squeals.

I see David as the Top 1, Raine as Top 2 and I as the Top 3. I can't believe that we are in the Top 3.

David gives us a high five and we hug each other. This will become a celebration for us.

We go back to class and everyone is congratulating us. Marrine and Rose pass by at our classroom and wave at me. I go to them.

"Congratulations Marie! You are so great. I am so proud of you." Marrine says.