Chapter 14

Ajax doesn't have any much of a money left, that's why we can't take the taxi to bring me home, so, we decided to take the subway train and walk towards the apartment instead.

The awkward thing is that, we didn't talk at all, it is really in complete silence. We walk sideways, looking straight at the sidewalk, and it feels like our presence is never been beside each other at the first place.

I suddenly feel hungry. I hold my stomach, I haven't eat anything for dinner. I should take note that I will be cooking an instant food later when I get home.

Actually, the station is not that far from the hospital, within a few minutes, we already arrive at the station. We hurriedly hop on at the train, and it is quite crowded inside as there are some people who are still going home from work and school this hour.

When we arrive at my stop, we walk towards my apartment, and still no one of us initiate to open a conversation. We passby to a hotdog sandwich foodtruck, the vendor is cooking hotdogs at the moment. Oh, it smells good. I feel like my stomach grumbles.

"Would you like one?" He asks. I gulp and nod.

We go to the truck and order a hotdog sandwich. He also ordered one for himself. When the vendor put the hotdog sandwiches infront of us. I open my bag and look for my purse. I take it out.

"Here's my payment." The vendor wave his hands.

"Your boyfriend paid for your hotdog sandwich." The vendor says. Boyfriend? Ajax? I almost cough from my own saliva.

I look at Ajax and I put my hands on my waist. He is currently holding his hotdog sandwich.

"You didn't have dinner because of me, let me pay your food for what you have done today, you helped me a lot." He looks at me, no, he wasn't looking at me, he is looking at my purse.

My purse is a simple purple coin purse and the teddy bear keychain that I found at the hospital, I hang it at the purse.

"Is something wrong with my purse?" I ask.

Ajax immediately turn around and put ketchup and mustard on top of his hotdog sandwich.

I am in grimace when I see him put a lot of mustard to his hotdog sandwich. What is good in mustard? It doesn't taste good to me. I only put ketchup on my sandwich or ranch if they have any. Mustard? Is a no no no for me.

I buy a bottled water, and I didn't let him pay this time.

We walk towards my apartment while eating our sandwiches. This is the best hotdog sandwich I ever tasted. I didn't say that because I'm hungry, it is really good, and I mean it.

"Our province don't sell anything like this." I decided that I should open a conversation,

He is still silent. I walk ahead and face him. He stop and look at me. "You don't really talk that much when you are with me. You only talk much when you are asking something from me." He eat his last bite.

"What do you want me to say?" I tilt my head.

"Anything." He clap his hand gently to remove the crumbs from the sandwich.

"We are not that close." I agree to his statement. I wouldn't be talking to him at all because he cause trouble to me, however, it is really awkward if we are like this, together, and not saying a word.

"Oh well. I guess we will not be talking to each other until I arrive at the apartment building." I finish my last bite of my hotdog sandwich and continue to walk.