Chapter 5

"I want you to know that I like you Marie." I stand frozen. What shall I say to this kind of situation? I haven't experience even once that someone confessed to me. This is my first time.

"Don't worry, you don't have to reply. I just want you to know about it." He rubs the back of his head.

"Well, it started when I saw you on the first day. I saw you with your Mom, the way you smile at that time, hits me. I really want to see that smile again. Do you remember when we bumped in at the hallway? Well, I kinda did that on purpose. The meeting wasn't, but the bump it is. I was so happy that I get to close with you. But, it seems you changed. I was thinking that am I too late? I tried my best to observe at first but I can't help just to stay at your side and do nothing. So, I tried my best to get to know you more that I didn't know myself that I like you already. I realized all of it when I was not there at the time Jenny hurt you. How much I blamed myself for it, why I was not there to save you? I don't want to change things that we already have now. It's okay that you don't have to respond, you can forget about what I have said and please don't change on me. I just want you to know, so that, you will remember that I am always there for you." I hold David's hand and look him in the eye.

"I know that you took all your courage just to say this. Please give me time to think about what I feel about this. I don't want to make your efforts into waste. I'll take consider but I can't guarantee you an answer that you may expect." David nods. "Don't worry our friendship will never change."

David bid his goodbye and I go to our apartment. Mom is watching tv when I arrive.

"Who brought you home this time?" Mom look at the dog stuff toy I brought.

"Uhmm, David." Mom looks at me, saying to tell me further about it. "Well, we went to a café, arcade and to a park. This stuff toy, he won this at the arcade." Mom pat the seat beside her. I go to her side and sit.

"Spill it already Marie, I know you." I sigh.

"Mom, David confessed to me." Mom's smile starting to getting bigger.

"My daughter is a lady now." I smile at Mom's reaction. "Well? How did it go?"

"I just don't know Mom." Mom face at me and held my shoulders.

"As far as I can see, David is a great guy. I am not pushing you to like him if you are not. Well, sometimes you need to go outside of your box. I will be always supporting you, you should bring him here together with Raine so that I can thank them on looking after you." I hug Mom. Mom is the only one who is there for me, who loves me unconditionally, the one who never holds up my freedom. She's always been there for me ever since.

"Well, Me and your Dad met after college. I was working here at the city, and one time when I went home via a ship, I met him there.  It was a 3 day trip. He was with his friend at that trip, both of him and his friend bet on who will be making the first move on me because I caught both their attention. Your Dad is the one who succeeded. Well, after that bet, we talked a lot within the ship and we get along, later on I already know that they had a bet before meeting me. When it is already for us to disembark the ship because we arrived at the destination, your Dad told me that we should meet again on our trip back to the city. We don't have cellphones at that time, I already like him back then, only those words are the one who holds me to wait for him at that day but he didn't arrive." Mom smiles at me.

"But when he arrived back at the city later when I arrived he got my office number and the rest is history." Mom haven't told me any stories about Dad because she is always away from home and my grandparents are the one who raised me.