Chapter 10

I am really in shock right now.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. He hush me telling that everyone is all asleep.

I didn't move at all and still waiting to his response.

"While you were sleeping, the bus had a stop at a gasoline station, everyone is doing their business and it was starting to get loud. The Professor was so mad that he made us sit in alphabetical order. I was supposed to sit at the window seat when a sleeping plain girl is still sleeping despite everything happened." I look at him still doubting what he said.

"Well, it's your choice if you gonna believe it or not. I am going back to sleep, thanks to someone that I am now having a hard time going back to sleep." I roll my eyes at him and position myself properly on my seat.

I check the time, it is already 7:30AM. I didn't dare to peek at the window as the ray of sun will come through that I will be waking everyone up. How I wish that there is a ray of sunlight that will only hit the person beside me.

I decided that I will not mind this person. I believe that this will be the last time that we are near to each other in this retreat.

Before 12 noon we arrived to our destination. A tour guide immediately welcome us to the place. He is around his 40's I think, even with such age he is a lively and friendly person.

We all go down the bus, and the Professor go back in to scan the bus for the last time before telling the driver that he is good to go.

Before the tour guide speaks, our Professor is going to announce something.

"Due to your behaviors a while ago, I thought about something good as a punishment for everyone." I can now actually confirm that my instinct was right and this is not good.

"I added a rule, you will all be paired based on your alphabetical order, so, the person you sit with at the bus will be your partner throughout this retreat." What did I just hear? Partner throughout the retreat?

I clench my fist, patience, please be my side and bring peace unto me.

"But of course, the guys and the ladies will be separated at the tent. Please look after to one and another, you will also be held responsible to your partner's actions." Everyone go to their partners. I didn't move to where I am standing. I am not looking for him.

"Did you got your shoes stuck?" Dear Patience, where art thou?

"Don't act like you are the only one who didn't like this. I don't like this either at all." Is he bipolar? The last time I talked to him, he was sort of——good but right now, he is back to his old self.

"Suit yourself." Atleast I manage to answer him calmly. I look around and trying to spot Raine and David.

I see David with Marrine, while Raine is with Kevin. Good for them that they have a nice partner. Why am I going to be stuck with this guy of all people?

I follow everyone and go to a restaurant, we have our lunch and rest for 30 minutes after. I go to David and Marrine and I left my partner behind.

"Seems like there is someone who can't stay with her partner." Marrine tease. Raine also go to our place.

"Gladly, I am not only the one who is not happy about this thing." Raine complains.

"What is wrong with Kevin?" I ask. I look at Kevin who is right now talking to Ajax.

"He is too quiet." Wait. What?

"Huh?" Raine look at me. "He's too quiet to be true."