Chapter 17

2 weeks has passed since my birthday. Within those 2 weeks, I was reading some books, watching movies, eating outside with Mom or David and Raine. David tour me around and Raine show me some great places to visit around the city.

I am lying right now at my bed at the moment. It is already 8 in the evening, and I am still not sleepy. Usually, I would be sleeping this hour when I don't have classes, because I want to regain the sleepless nights I had last semester.

I close my eyes for a moment. I still think of what I am feeling whenever I am with Ajax. I used to hate him because he gave me a bad impression on our first meeting. Then there is Jenny, because of her I was hated and I suffer a lot from her antics. Both of them was a challenge of mine at the first weeks at the University. She is actually back at the University long time ago but her and Ajax never talk to each other like they never know and had a relationship before.

Things have changed when he apologizes at me, and also when I met Hannah his cousin. He is someone who is unpredictable. I don't know what are his motives on me. He is sometimes mean, sometimes caring.

I already forgive him before, I forgive people but I don't forget. I don't want to have a grudge with someone for so long. But still, I keep my guard up because I don't want to be involved with him anymore as he is surrounded by trouble but fate didn't let me be.

Then there are some things that I don't understand from him. When he saves me at the retreat, the visit at the hospital even though I am not 100% sure it was him but the signs lead to him, the Mommy and Daddy thing, the practice, and lastly the forehead kiss. Everything from this, I am starting to react differently.

My chest, never stops pounding like my heart is keep on knocking. Cheeks are getting hot and warm, like my face turns to a tomato and I feel awkward around him. I also feel conscious about myself suddenly without knowing. What could this be?

A knock stops me from thinking. Mom comes in checking on me.

"Are you doing well Marie?" It feels like Mom sense something is bothering me because she knows I would be sleeping at the moment.

I sit up and Mom sit beside me at my bed. "I notice that your light's room is light up so I come to check you. Why are you still awake?" Mom will probably be able to know what I am feeling.

"I was thinking of something." I start.

"Thinking of what?" I tell Mom that a friend of mine is experiencing something unfamiliar to her which I describe her my feelings. I feel embarrass to tell Mom that it is me who is experiencing this.

Mom listens to me until I finish, I also asked for an advice of what does this person do because I don't know what to give her as I haven't experience something like that. But in reality, I was asking for an advice for my own.

After hearing everything, Mom smile softly, she pulls my nose, pinch it and shakes it. "Your friend likes someone." My heart skip a beat.

"How can you say that?"

"Based on what you have told me. She likes him, it is a type of like where the person appreciates or admire someone." I haven't experience something like this ever since then, as I wasn't not socializing with guys before and mostly of my friends are girls back at the province. I know some of the guys at our neighborhood but I am not close to them to hang out with. Not until I got into college which I told myself before we leave to the city that I will try to socialize with people and not to lock myself up at the room anymore.

"What should she do then?" I don't know what should I do with this feeling I have.

"Liking someone is normal, because we encounter different kinds of people. I guess she would let things go on their way, you can't dictate your feelings to someone as they come unexpectedly and naturally. She also doesn't have to follow her feelings all the time, she should think of the things that may possibly happen and understand on how to deal it. Like may become love, or like will just be a like, it is the only things that will end up with." I try to process Mom's statement.