Chapter 19

"Tell me Ajax, what is between you and Marie?" I feel nervous, even though I know that there is nothing between us.

"Nothing." As I expected. I stayed here to listen because there is something I want to hear hoping that Rose will ask him.

"Then why you look so close at that day?" I can feel that Rose is trying to get some answers from Ajax.

"It was nothing. I hug her because the space was limited and people keep on bumping on us. I know that you know that it is true. It was crowded back then." I suddenly feel sad. I thought it was...

"Ajax, you wouldn't do things like that to any girl. I know you. Tell me honestly, do you like Marie?" My chest starts to pound again. This is the question I am waiting for.

"What are you trying to get from me Rose? No, I don't like her." I can feel the rage from Rose because she stomp her feet. I already expect it, I know, I know that he wouldn't like me. I'm sorry my heart.

"What are you doing then? You didn't even thought of Marie's feelings? What if you give her a different sign and she misinterpret it. What would you do then?" Ajax sigh.

"Rose, I don't care what she feels. If it weren't for Hannah, I wouldn't be that close to her. She wouldn't misinterpret it——-" I did already. "—-I know she hates me. I will never like someone like her. If she does like me, then it is her fault. Why are you asking me about this? This is nonsense." I can't take this anymore. I run, I look up, please don't cry, please don't cry.

"Marie, I was looking for you." Raine is running towards me.

"I thought you are still at the class, so I go but you weren't there. That's why I came back here again, thinking that you may be here." I give Raine her bag.

"I have to go." I walk fast. A tear escape my eye.

"Marie wait!" Raine shouted.

I'm sorry Raine. I want to be alone.

I run, I don't know where my feet may bring me but I want to be far away from him, far away from the University. I hold onto my chest, I can feel that it tightens. It hurts.

I wipe my tears that keep on falling. Shit! Marie, you just like him, why do you react like this?

I stop myself from running and the park is in front of me. I decide to sit on one of the benches and settle for a moment.

I look down my thighs. My tears doesn't stop. I knew. I really knew that this will happen, but it stabs me so much. I am such a fool. How can someone like him like me back? You're really a joke Marie.

I just recently realize about my feelings for him and this happened. Why does he do those things? If he doesn't like me, he should stop giving me wrong ideas. Now, I fall at the trap and I'm sure it will be hard for me to stand back again. As I don't know how to.

I close my eyes, I should better be away from him. I don't want this feeling of mine will rule over. Geez, I made a mistake, why do I like this guy?

Hearing it from him, it hits me really hard. Marie, he isn't the guy that you should like to. He isn't worth it, he isn't worthy enough to give a place in your heart. I am glad, I haven't made my feelings go deeper. If I did, it is game over for me.

I decided to go home, I check my reflection first before I start to go home. I don't want Mom to get worried.

When I arrive home, Mom is cooking for dinner. "Marie, welcome back. How was classes?" I give Mom a kiss on the cheek and smile at her.