Chapter 13

I walk home still thinking what Hannah just said, Ajax, supposedly to visit me?

He never came. He never did.

For not too long, a week has passed already.

We, all three are at the gate of the University, we are seeing David off, he have his stuffs with him prepared for his leave. He will be leaving out of the city for the competition.

"Don't forget to write us." Raine tease. I give David a hug. "Wish you all the best, I hope you'll win." I say.

"I will surely win, thank you for your support Marie. Raine, you will see me the day after tomorrow, no need to write." Raine laughs. David ride the bus and they leave the University.

"Are you going to watch the basketball competition?" Raine look at me with her puppy eyes. I know what she is doing. She always does that everytime she asks me a favor.

"You can go on your own, I know you can manage." I am not interested in such sport that's why I turn her down. I'll get bored and dumb not knowing what is happening at the game.

"Please." She holds both of my hands.

"Okay then, I'll just sit and watch, okay?" Raine jumps in joy and hug me. "I am excited!" She says, and pulls me going to our class.

We don't have much proper classes today as the University is focusing on the competition. Everyone is on their high spirits.

Actually, we also have basketball at the province, but I don't really pay much attention to it as it never interests me. Am I the only one who doesn't mind basketball?

The basketball competition, the venue is at our main gym. It can accommodate a thousand of people, knowing that different Universities will be coming over to watch the game, I guess it can fit all.

Everyone went home early, as Raine and I stayed. "Why need to change, you will just waste your effort going back home. It is only given if your home is nearby but, ours aren't." She is pilling up our worksheets and bring it to the faculty after.

I watch other people coming in at the main gym from our class window. I also see that the other Universities basketball team arrive at the main gym already. I rest my chin on my right palm.

It's almost the start of the game, a hour left. Students from different Universities starting to arrive, I can hear the voices of the people from above.

Raine leave to send the worksheets. After Raine leave, a knock from our class door stops me from observing the people below.

I turn around and its Edward.

"Didn't knew that you are here." He walks towards me. I think Edward has been looking for me.

He sits down at the chair in front of me and face me. "Are you going to watch the basketball game?" Why they are asking me if I'm going to watch the basketball game?

"I am." I clear up my desk and put my stuffs back to my bag.

"Great! Ajax told me that Hannah is coming to watch the game." I pause and look at him. "I just wanted to tell you, knowingly that Hannah likes to see you." I am not shocked anymore if Edward knows a lot.

"I'll meet her later, is someone will be there to accompany her?" Edward scratch his head.

"Well, actually, I want to ask you a favor." I squint my eyes and Edward smile awkwardly. "Ajax will bring her later, her parents can't accommodate her today, and her Nurse is on off-duty. You are the only one that we could think of to look after her during the game." I sigh.