The Big Reveal

-Quick note: Nicole is five months pregnant. I'm going to go into 3rd person viewpoint at some point in the next two chappie because part two (yes this book is having a sequel) will be based upon this.
Ya welcome!

     All of the decorations were in place for my baby shower. Jimin went to the bakery to get the gender reveal cake and I cant wait to cut it!

     We had Alexis get the gender tests from the doctor and order the cake so we dont know what it is yet...

     Although today is a special and happy day, I cant help but feel a bit sad about one important thing that's now missing...

-About 5 Months Ago-

    Jimin's hand squeezed mine as we sat together in the cafe near my parent's house in Suwon. I was nervous out of my mind.

     A waiter came over and smiled happily ,"Little Bong Bong!"

     I looked up and smiled back to Mr.Choi Boonso. He always joked with me and called me little bong bong due to my flighty mind in my adolescence. He always tried to talk to me in English even though he knew I was raised here.

     "How adopting parents are?" He smiled sweetly.

     I just bit my lip and shook my head ,"Good, I hope."

     He took a kneel at our table so that we are on the same eye level ,"You okay? Face look saddening."

     I took a deep breath and said in Korean ,"I'm pregnant.  Today I tell my parents."

     "Omo!" He yelps. "I'm happy for you! Dont worry one bit, your parents will be happy as well!"

     It made me feel so much better to have a grandfather figure say that to me, especially Boonso. His eyes crinkled cheerfully as he made to stand up ,"I'll get you beef bulgogi. It'll be on me."

     I wanted to decline but it would be rude so I just huffed as he danced away.

     The bell above the cafe's door clanged happily before my mother's voice carried to my ears ,"Nicole! Hi! I missed you so much!"

     I stand up and she runs over, both of us holding each other tightly. We lean back and I see tears in her eyes ,"You havent talked to me in months..! How are you? How is school?"

     My dad saunders up and pat's my head ,"I was starting to worry you forgot about us..!"

     "I couldn't!"

     We all sit down and I tell them about my job and they questioned Jimin about if I was eating healthy and other parental stuff...

     They still didnt know we were dating but... Things like this cant hide long...

     I was so nervous and I couldnt focus much on anything. It didnt take long for my mother to notice.

     She leaned across the table while I was shoving a piece of meat into my mouth and felt my forehead.

     "Uhm, mom?" I questioned as she leaned back into her place and bir the side of her lip. "You okay..?"

     She nodded ,"You look sick... Are you worried about something? You're never like this unless something is wrong."

     I shift uncomfortably ,"Well..." The table is so silent that you could hear a flea fart. "I... I have some... news." When no one says anything, I continue ,"A couple of days ago, I went to the doctors and found out that I...  I-"

     My mother's eyes widen ,"Oh God! You have cancer?!"

     I just kinda sit there for a moment, mouth wide open ,"I- N-no! Mom, I'm pregmant."

     We lock eyes. Her brown orbs dig into mine before my dad breaks the ice ,"You're joking. Right? God Nicole, you better be joking."

     I stare at my lap.

     My mother almost knocks her drink over as she stands up ,"You living disgrace." Her words pierce my heart ,"We gave you a home when all you had in America was foster homes. We raised you civil and right. We did so much for you and this is what you do?: Her voice shakes ,"I-Im disgusted!"

     "M-mom-!" I start.

     "Shut up!" She yells ,"I'm not your damned mother! I guess I never was!" She leaned into my face as my dad stands up and walks away without another word. "Don't you ever talk to me again. Dont even mention my family in your filthy mouth. And never, ever, call me your mother!"

-Back Present-

     I sigh and the front door opens. Jimin comes in trailed by his dance team members. "Caught these freeloaders screwing around outside the building," he laughs ,"Thought I'd let them in." They grumble 'hello's as they take off their shoes and set down their gifts by the couch.

     I stand up from the table and bow ,"Welcome!"

     Taehyung runs over as soon as his shoes are off. He puts his hands on my swollen tummy and smiles ,"Baby~ this is uncle Taehyung! I hope that you are well today!" He does a tiny bow and jumps up to talk with me. "How are you baby lady?"

     I just laugh and shake my head. "You're insane."

     He pouts, "No I'm not."

     I shrug and pat my belly. The front door swings open and Alexis runs in with the cake. "Sorry!" She yells over her loud phone ringtone ,"My boss is calling!" She sets the cake on the coffee table and turns to run out the door, almost slamming into Jungkook.

     She mumbles an apology before stealing out the door, "Yeobeosayo?!"

     The door opens a split second later to show Micha. She steps in and closes the door quietly for Alexis. We hug and she sets her gift down... Well she drags the box, which is huge, to the couch.

     I hum at the cake, just chilling there- yknow- and take a step towards it.

     Jimin runs over quickly ,"Oh no, no, no, no!" He holds my arms behind me ,"You have to wait just like the rest of us!" He acts all big but I can see it in his eyes, he wants to know the gender just as bad as me.

     As soon as Alexis returns, we gather around and eat the Samgyekpsal that Jin graciously brought with him. I was in food heaven~. I are more than Jimin and damn was I happy~~.

     With the last of the bowls in the sink, I grabbed the cake box and smoked, "Are tall ready??"

     There's just one problem...

     I dont see two of the party guests...