Tomato 11/22/18

Oh Tomato Mafia,

Today was the best day ever! I went to school and I caught my boyfriend of 5 months with his tongue down another sluts throat. It's alright though, I don't mind. I'm glad he thought to use the prettiest girl in school. What an ego booster.

Anyway, I'm writing this as I'm supposed to be packing for the big move to the trashiest town in the whole U.S: Indianapolis.

My mom is popping her pills and screaming at the squirrel outside for stealing her shoes she left on the porch. My father is somewhere in the middle of the ocean away from all of this bullshit. He's a marine and a pretty damn lazy one at that. He occasionally sends us letters back to tell us how crappy the food is or how he caught a seagull off the coast of some unnamed beach. His job is to clean the ship.

Ugh, I have to go. Mom is yelling at me.

LOL - Spencer

I run downstairs, grabbing my suitcase on the way. Mom is waiting at the bottom of the steps pacing irritably. I put my stuff down by the door and turn to her, hand on my hip. "Yes?"

The 62-year-old woman glares at me until her eyes adjust and she sees me clearly. "Hi, Spencer. When did you get down here?" She pulls out a cigarette and lights it clumsily.

"You saw me come down the stairs, Margret. Is the truck outside?" I open the door, blinking back the burning sensation as the sun blinds me. The white moving van is parked in the drive. "Nevermind. Help me take these out."

She doesn't answer, just walks away into the kitchen. I sigh and grab my bags, heading toward the truck. The driver takes them from me and puts them in the back. I smile a thanks and go back in the house to see her opening the cabinets. "Where's the damn cereal?"

"Mom, it's one in the afternoon. The kitchen stuff is in the truck already anyway," I take her hand and sit her down in the chair. "I got this."

For the next two hours, me and the driver fill the truck. Once we're done I get Mom in the car and take her keys out of her purse. I'm glad I got my permit at 16 so I could get my license at 17. I make sure she's okay before I pull out to follow the driver to the small house in Indianapolis.