Tomato 03/01/19

Dear Tomato Mafia,

IT HAPPENED!

I finally asked Carmen out to the movies! She said yes! I got the money from my mom's insurance and I've been helping her pay bills despite her protests and all that. I sold the house my mom had and got even more money. I feel like I'm rich, but I know it's not a lot when I'm paying bills and all that.

My birthday is in seven days! I can finally do things by myself after that! I have to go get ready for the date.

LOL-Spence

Carmen comes out of her room dressed in sweatpants and a crop top. I'm not gonna lie, she looks hot as hell. I look down at myself and smile. Leggings and a T-shirt with white and black converse. I grab my purple purse and head for the door. "Ready?"

She nods, going to lecture Nina once again. I grab her arm and pull her away, "Hey!"

"She knows the rules, Man. Let's go," I pull her out and lead her to the car while Nina locks the door.

"God, I'm too old for this."

"You mean young," I shut the driver door behind me as she gets in the passenger side.

She laughs. "Yeah. Young. What movie is it again?"

"All you need to know is it's scary," I start toward downtown to get to the movie theater.

She nods. "Okay. I'm down."

I pay for the tickets when we get there and find a seat. She takes out the snacks I hid in my bag and starts eating. "Pass me the Twizzlers."

She hands me the bag. "So I won't know what movie it is until it starts?"

"That's the plan!" We sat in the very back to the right so people won't bother us. It worked because everyone that filed in chose to sit in the middle or the front. I lean over and point out a man with a huge hat on. "He snuck in a drink, for sure."

She nods, taking a sip of the Coke I brought. "Definitely."

After the movie, Carmen helps me up and gathers our trash. She laughs at me as I cling to her arm. "Shut up, I didn't expect it to be that scary."

"It wasn't that bad, look at life," she leads me out and takes my keys to drive.

"You have a point," I follow her to the car and hop in the passenger side. "So how'd you like it?"

"That movie?"

"No, tonight overall."

"It was nice. I needed this," she starts home.

"Good. I did too."