Tomato 11/27/18

I turn off my alarm in anger. It's too fucking early for this. I get dressed as quickly as I can and go downstairs to make coffee before I have to drive to hell. Mom is up and vomiting again. It's been happening a lot lately, I hope she's alright. I leave a glass of water outside the door and tell her it's there. I grab my bookbag and head out, locking the door behind me.

The car is cold since the heat chooses when it wants to work. I rub my arms and park the car in the student lot. I get out and join the flood of students as they file into the school. I head for the cafeteria, already irritated. It's 7:50 AM and I'm ready to burn the place down.

I sit at the emptiest table nearest to the exit. I run my hand through my curly orange hair, cursing myself for negleting to do it last night. I check my reflection in my phone and smile; it still looks good. I open my camera and take a quick photo. Just as I'm looking at it I see someone behind me. I turn around quickly, "Hello?"

A tall, fit girl stands there. Her skin is a light brown, her hair a shaved, brown afro. I hide my smirk at her combat boots, chain hanging from her black skinny jeans, and her tight, black uniform shirt. When she speaks it's commanding yet quiet. "Hi. I noticed you're alone."

"Maybe there's a reason for that?" I hate how it comes out like a question. I turn my body toward her to stop the pain in my neck. I instinctively wrap a strand of my curly hair around my finger.

She smirks, drawing my attention to her full, pale pink lips. "Maybe. Do you mind?"

I look at what she's gesturing at; the table. I look behind her to see a couple guys dressed similarly. Shit, I sat at her table. "No, not at all." I don't feel like moving if it's only for a couple minutes. I move my bag over and pat the space beside me.

One of the guys steps forward but stops when she puts her hand on his chest. He looks at her sternly, but nods. His lengthy afro shakes from the movement, making me smile. The girl clears her throat. "I bet you had lots of friends back at your old school. They probably ruled the school so you did too." She puts her foot on the bench beside my leg and leans over so her elbow is leaning on her knee. "This isn't that school, babe. This is my school and you're in my seat. Get up."

I keep my smile, taking out my phone and pointing the camera at her to take a picture. "You're adorable when you're mad. What's your name?"

She takes the phone from my hand and puts it in her pocket. I stand up, ready to get it back. She stiff arms me and clucks her tongue. "No, no, no. That was very rude. I asked nicely now I have to be mean-" The bell saves me from whatever she was about to do. "I'll see you at lunch," she waves my phone in my face before stuffing it into her B-cup bra. "babe."

Dear Tomato Mafia,

Today was fucking horrible. I had to jump on the table at lunch just to get my phone back. Like who does she think she is?!

I don't even know her name, but the guy-with-the-afro's name is Justin Marley. He's the school's star football player. His brother, the other dude with the dreadlocks, is the best basketball player. I'm not sure of his name, but I know it starts with a W.

I'm excited for tomorrow! I get my hair cut, finally. I'm getting the left portion of my head shaved off so my thick, curly hair will be swooped to one side... OOO it's gonna be so sexy!

Anyway, I need to make dinner then go to bed so I can go to hell then get it done.

LOL- Spence