Prologue

« Not so long ago, when Humans were looking for a way to entertain their kind, men and women began to draw little black and white characters to make them live beautiful adventures to amaze the audience... when the characters began to come to life through the power of Imagination of their designers. Those new beings were named Toons and their creators were called the Animators!

Many studios were formed, creating their own Toons who lived their own adventures or made children laugh with gags. Among the most famous, there was Bendy the Dancing Demon. He was a little Toon with a very childish personality who had everything to be happy: a brilliant career, many friends (his best friend being his episode companion: Boris the Wolf) and a studio that loved him as a family, especially his Animator Henry and the Director Joey. But alas, this flawless happiness didn't last....

One day, Bendy's creator and animator left the studio to work in the neighborhood and look for new ideas for his little Devil Darling. But the little Toon didn't support the idea of being separated from a person to whom he had been very attached. He was always trying to be happy as usual and continued his gags for months... but one day, the pain of his loss became unbearable!

Without anyone expecting it, Bendy suddenly got crazy. He began to absorb more ink than he needed, making him suddenly terribly violent and aggressive. He then used his control over the ink to invade the studio, forcing the animators and the director to flee... but he continued to attack them, forcing the other humans to act and try to calm him in vain. Joey decided to cut the ink in order to weaken Bendy but, with all the ink he had absorbed, he was still very strong. The Animators managed to lock the crazy Toon into the studio, letting him screaming in rage. »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 1959 :

The scene (which until then showed Bendy's studio and his crazy attack) suddenly changes to show a 1950s child's room. Sitting on the floor were two Toons kids... well, a Toon child and a half-Toon kitten. The pure Toon is a small magpie with a yellow beak, black plumage except for his belly which is gray. The kitten, meanwhile, has white hair, beige-gray tiger fur on the hind legs, tail, half of his belly, on the ears, and a bit behind on the edges of the cheeks, his feline face appearance and his arms (devoid of fur but armed with claws like cats) are Caucasian skin color, the scleras are yellow and his irises blue. While the chick wears no clothes (being a Toon, he wasn't obliged to wear any), the little Tunman* wears a red t-shirt and brown shorts.

In front of them stands the father of the chick: Heckle, one of two talking magpies from TerryToons Studios! Today, he takes advantage that his husband isn't there to have a face to face with his son, little Aiden, and his friend-kitten, Keffan, who is the adopted son of SourPuss and Gandy Goose. The chick's mother wasn't there and, judging that his boy is old enough, the magpie had decided to tell him the legend of Bendy, the Toon Demon! While little Keffan seems frightened, paralyzed by fear, Aiden seems fascinated.