Chapter 4: Forbidden Friendship

The next day, at the TerryToons Studios, Keffan goes around in the wheelhouse of his dads. He is crazy about worry. What if Aiden didn't survive his solo visit to Bendy's studio? And if that demon had devoured him?

« Keffan, what's the matter, sweetheart? » Gandy worries, putting down what he is doing to approach his son who jumped (not having heard him come in).

« Daddy? Aiden has arrived? » the kitten asks.

« Not yet, kid. » SourPuss answers by turning the page of his diary. « Heckle and Jeckle have no filming this morning so if they want to sleep in, we will not see them before lunch. »

Keffan tightly squeezes his plush, obviously very worried. His official dad kneels in front of him and checks to see if his tremors are due to a fever but he doesn't detect any abnormal temperature.

« My kitten, what's wrong? » the goose worries. « You are all pale and you are trembling like a leaf. »

« It's your nightmares that put you in this state? » SourPuss worries as he approaches.

The kitten looks at his dads and nods. It is true that his nightmares disturb him a lot and as he promised Aiden, he can't say that he really saw what makes him so scared.

 It is true that his nightmares disturb him a lot and as he promised Aiden, he can't say that he really saw what makes him so scared

Gandy and SourPuss look at each other with a small smile, reassured that it is only Keffan's nightmares that scares him so much.

« Keffan, sweetheart. » the goose smiled. « These are just nightmares, bad dreams, and you're in a good position to know that in our world only good dreams come true. »

The kitten sighs and squeezes his plush. Seeing that their boy wasn't going to be calm until he saw his friend, SourPuss took him by the hand and dragged him out of the house.

« Come on, let's go see Heckle and Jeckle. You will feel reassured once you see Aiden. »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden sleeps deeply in his bed, wrapped in his blanket and hugging his pillow against him. Jeckle comes in and smiles at seeing his chick so peaceful. Without a sound, he goes to the bed, sits down and strokes the feathers still fluffy of his son.

« He is still sleeping ? » Heckle whispered, poking his head into the opening of the door.

« Yes, but he had to get up in the night to eat. » the other magpie smiled, lifting the empty plate that was on the bedside table. « The poor sweetheart, he really didn't have much sleep in the last days. »

« Well, Keffan had his nightmares and by day they had to make idiots in the studios. »

 »