Chapter 1: Curiosity and Research

Later that night, all ToonTown sleeps peacefully. Even Keffan, lying in a camp bed squeezing his stuffed toy that his official dad, Gandy, had brought back with some stuff for the night. However, a small figure come close to the kitten and, without any warning, it leaps on him. Feeling someone catching him, Keffan is about to scream... when two little hands covered with feathers gag him.

« Hush, silly! » Aiden mutters in a low voice, digging his brown eyes into his friend's blues. « You will wake my parents! »

« Are you crazy? » the kitten grumbles, pushing away his chick friend. « You want me to have a heart attack! I don't have quite the same heart as a Toon. »

« Oh come on, you're not made of sugar! » the little magpie laughs.

« And why are you still up, first of all? It's late, and at this hour, I'm sleeping! »

Keffan rolls into a ball in his blanket mumbling goodnight, wanting to go back to sleep... but Aiden pulls his ears and hair.

« Ouch! What now? » the kitten gets upset as he chases away the chick who flies off to sit on his bed.

« Tell me, would you like to see a real haunted studio? » he says, eyes twinkling with mischief.

The half-Toon freezes as he understands and stands up, as struck by lightning.

« ARE YOU BONKERS!? » he yells.

« Hush! » the chick scowls.

The two children are silent, listening if the magpie parents have woken up, then sigh while still being in the complete silence of the night. But the little Tunman is far from calm.

« Don't tell me that you want to go and get killed in a studio abandoned where a mad ink monster prowls! »

« It's just a story, Keffan! » Aiden smiled. « And Bendy is a Toon like the others! Having been drawn and not being born, he would have needed to be remembered and that his fans continue to watch him! It's been years since anyone has heard about him. And it's not chatter between Toons who will keep him alive! The studio is surely totally empty but nobody goes there because it serves as an example. »

Keffan frowns as he squeezes his stuffed toy... then he sighs.

--------------------------------------------------------

Aiden was right. Apart from Born-Toons and Half-Toons, all Toons needed to be watched and remembered to keep their hearts. Only those from Disney studios had managed to escape this fate thanks to the magic of Yen Sid* and the love that Mr Disney had put in his first character, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Apart from them, no Drawing Toon had survived to being forgotten and the loss of his heart. Bendy must have been gone for a long time now.

---------------------------------------------------

« Ok, little genius! But how do we get there? » the little kitten Tunmain asks.

« We wait for the night and we slip to the studio! Nothing more simple! » Heckle and Jeckle's son smiled.

« Nobody will give us the address of the studio if everyone thinks it cursed! »

The little magpie freezes and thinks.

« Damn... I didn't think about that ... » he mumbles.

Keffan laughs, amused... but quickly, Aiden looks very sad. He is disappointed because he really wants to see this haunted studio but without the address, it's impossible. Except that nobody in ToonTown can resist to this little sad face! Not even his parents and Keffan! The kitten mutters, trying to look away... but he can't help but look at his friend. Sighing deeply, he thinks on how to help his best friend... when a smile lights up his feline face.