Chapter 6: Surveillance and New Encounters

The next morning, Aiden gets up after finally sleeping a full night after several weeks of nocturnal escapades. Bendy and Boris agreed with him to come and see them during the day rather than during the night. But at breakfast he looks sullen.

« Aiden? Is everything okay? » Jeckle asks, kneeling in front of his chick who seems lost in his thoughts, playing with cereals in his bowl.

« Yeah ... it's just ... I think Keffan isn't very happy that I made a new friend. »

« He's a little jealous, I think. » Heckle smiled as he approached. « You've known each other since you were babies and you've always been poked together. »

« That's probably it. He was already a little jealous when you became friends with Candice, Roger's daughter. » the slender magpie adds stroking the head of his boy. « Do you know what you could do? After your breakfast, you'll just have to go see him and you'll explain yourself, we'll meet you at Gandy's place. »

Aiden thinks and what his parents say isn't stupid

Aiden thinks and what his parents say isn't stupid. With a small smile, the little magpie jump to the necks of his parents and hug them tightly.

« I love you! » he chirps before letting himself fall back into his chair to swallow his breakfast.

-------------------------------------------------------

Once his cereals are swallowed and his plumage is brushed, the little chick flies to the house where Gandy, SourPuss and Keffan live and knocks on the door. He vaguely hears Gandy shout: « Keffan? Can you go open, kitten? » Then nothing - until the door opens on Keffan. The white-haired kitten is first surprised to see the chick then glares at him.

« What do you want? » he growls.

« Kef '... I ... »

« Who's that, kid? » SourPuss asks.

« It's nothing, it's just Aiden! »

« Keffan, please! We need to talk! »

« Oh, you don't have enough of your 'new friend'? »

Aiden gets angry, grabs Keffan by the paw, pulls him out of the house and closes the door.