Chapter 1 - Bridge

Note - First story; please vote and hope you enjoy

Comment any grammar/spelling mistakes

*Kaminari POV*
I moved in a couple weeks ago. I didn't know anybody so, I was basically friendless. It was the summer before starting my first year of high school. Let me tell something about summer when you're friendless, it's quiet and it's boring.

So, I decided to do what I always did. Photography. I discovered this quirk of mine when my mom gave me her camera a couple years ago. She said it was something about being fun to do and how she didn't use it that often. Now I have this 2 yr old camera in my possession and I didn't discover its true value until I was bored.

I grabbed my camera and put in around my neck. I peered at the pictures along the wall before telling my mother what was happening. She began yelling at me to be careful, her yelling soon faded away after I grabbed a leather jacket and walked out the front door.

The sun was going to set soon and I wasn't too keen on directions in this new neighborhood. But, I saw on the road-trip to our new house, a nature trail. Looking at the environment, I always felt inspired to photograph my surroundings.

It wasn't a far walk. After a couple minutes, I got there. The path was empty, but you could see people farther ahead on bridge. I began walking, taking pictures now and again. Swaying trees. A soft breeze tossed my hair now and again. It was peaceful. I was now closer to the bridge and a tall 20ish foot tree stood to the left. Four people surrounded the tree. A pink-skin girl was jumping wildly as a red haired boy was climbing up the tree. There was also an ash blond who was yelling them and a black haired boy who just looked at them amused.

I decided it was best to leave them. I walked onto the bridge which was apparently called the "Bird Pass" but, you could barely see "Shizue Bridge" underneath. It was about 7 feet in height. I was half way across the Shizue bridge when I spotted a bird perched on a branch. I always wanted to take a picture of a bird for some weird reason.

I stopped. By coincidence, the bird was on the highest point on the tree, it made a perfect silhouette against the oranges, blues and dark pinks of the setting sun. I brought my camera up to face and peered through the lens. The camera wouldn't focus on the bird. I unintelligently decided to lean against the Bird Pass's ledge. It still was not focusing. Still peering through the camera, I did probably the most stupid mistake ever. I stood on my tippy-toes, laid my stomach against the rail and stretched my arms to my fullest extent. I probably looked like one of those nerdy people, which intentionally aware of the stupidity. However, that has never stopped me from getting the most majestic picture of this bird.

The handrail couldn't handle my weight and I probably shouldn't be leaned on in the first place. I started falling before I realized what was happening. I screamed. I ended up unconscious, while also landing on my arm and breaking my camera.

By the time my consciousness came back, the dark haired boy held me bridal-style while walking towards ambulance. The broken handrail was being dealt with by the ash blond and the red head. I guess the pink girl noticed me awake because her mouth moved and she pointed to me. By the time he noticed, he already put me on the stretcher. And I swear I saw light pink on his cheeks before the ambulance closed their doors. Suddenly, I just noticed how my arm hurts. They asked questions about how to communicate to my parents and soon we arrived at the hospital.