Chapter 2 - Kind of Broken But Hey

*Kaminari POV*
Hospital
They sedated my arm. X-ray. Results. Conclusion, my right arm was broken. Not only was it my dominant arm and the mornings were going to be very rough. I was not a morning person and I usually slept through like ten alarms according to a very reliable source. Then realization hit me.
Hard.
In.
The.
Gut.
My father along with my mom, was going to question me later once they got to the hospital and if not at home. They will talk about how I ended up breaking my arm in the first couple of weeks of moving here.

While I was thinking to myself, the nurse came and put the base of a cast on my arm. I didn't notice the base until the nurse said something.

"What color?" She said.

"Types?"

"We have blue, green, yellow, gray, white, and also if you want we have metallic colors." Then she began to pull out the bandage-like things that was going to make my cast.

"Umm...I guess..." It took me, a moment to think because this was going to be on my arm for at least a couple of months. Then, as confidently I could I said, "Bronze".

She began to pull out the bandage like thing and began to add this glue to the surface wrapping it around the base. Now I know what your thinking, "Why bronze?" My answer is if I'm going to have a bulky thing on my arm, I'm going to make it stand out. In the middle of wrapping my cast, my parents came. My dad looked like he just saw a ghost. My mom started yelling (kind of a whisper-yell because we were still in the hospital) about how to being careful. After my mom's rant, both of parents started crying. After a couple of minutes of this, they started the interrogation. They were still cherry-eyed from crying but, it was a serious and tense atmosphere.

"Is it serious?" My dad asked.

"Umm...well I...kind of...broke my arm?!" I said. My voice decided to crack at that moment.

My mother kind of accepted this fact as the nurse finished up putting the cast on. The nurse gave me a sling. Mom silently nodded as the nurse left to receive the doctor. Dad did the same.

A couple of minutes passed in awkward silence with only the hushed voices of nurses and doctors walking passed accompanying us. The doctor came in five minutes later, but it felt like a eternity. They began their conversation of bills and the liberation of me.

"Is he your son, Kaminari Denki?" Dr. Fujii asked.

"Yes," my parents said together.

"Well, your son fractured his radius. So, he will be in a cast for 4 to 6 weeks depending, on how fast his bone growth is," Dr. Fujii said, "Come back in 3 weeks and we can inform you the time estimate of the cast removal."

They talked about hospital bills and how much it will cost with insurance. I zoned out. I began thinking about that dark haired boy when he carried me in his arms. I was aware of a blush forming on my cheeks. So, he maybe worked out because I had an average weight of an 16 yr old and he carried me with ease. I felt my blush deepen as warm feelings came up. He looked kind of cute. Wait. What?! I just thought a boy was cute. I tried to think of something but, my thoughts somehow found a way to connect a totally random thought to that boy.

The doctor leaving broke my thoughts and he left. My parents told me they released me and that there was people waiting to see me. I wasn't expecting anyone to be there other than my parents, but when I got into the lobby, I saw him and his group of friends. The blonde was leaning against the back of chair looking at his phone. The red head was looking over his shoulder pointing to things. The pink girl was in a conversation with the dark haired boy, he looked kind of nervous. After a couple of seconds of me walking in, the pink girl pointed at me, to the rest of group. Now the whole group slowly packing up their things, and walking over.

My mom nudged me. "Are they your friends?" She asked.

"I don't know. They kind of witnessed me break my arm and one of them bridal-styled me to the ambulance..." My voice trailed off at the end.

My mom literally was about to ask me to explain but, she kept her questions to herself since the group was about 20 feet and I was going to make my "first" impression. My dad on the other hand was giving me a thumbs-up and I think he mouthed "Go for it".

I walked over to group and while I was walking I caught their attention. They were all conversation and looked up at me. I gave a small chuckle and put my hand on the back of my neck. I met up with the group and they introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm Eijirou Kirishima and call me Kirishima," the red head said. He extended out a hand and I shook it. My hand landed at my side.

Then, he nodded to the blonde. He just looked away. The red head decided to put a arm over his shoulder. The ash blond grunted and put his hands in his jacket. The blonde started walking over until he was a couple feet away. "Tch whatever, Katsuki Bakugou." He grunted again. Then he gave me a murderous glare before walking back to his usual spot behind the group.

Then immediately, the pink girl ran in front of him and pulled me into a hug. Then, she pulled out. "Mina Ashido, hey."

"Hello, I'm Denki Kaminari."

I went for a handshake to Mina, but I looking down and ended up shaking the dark hair's hand. I looked up. He smiled. I felt a blush form. He said "Well I'm not the best at first impressions but, hey sorry about your arm." He pointed to the bronze cast before introducing himself. There was a slight change in his cheeks before he said his name. "Hanta Sero. Hey Kaminari, your new here so, can the BakuSquad show you around?"

"Bakusquad?" I said confused.

"Yeah, Bakugou, Ashido, Sero and me," Kirishimia said, "if you want, you can be in the Bakusquad too."

"Yeah sure!" I said excited. I was going to have friends before school starts.

The group did a little celebration before Bakugou spoke up.

"I gotta be back at my house soon," The ash blond said.

He got a couple of murmurs of disappointment and he gave a another tch.

"Hey guys, we can do it tomorrow," Sero said, "where do you want to meet up at?"

The bakusquad talked. They momentarily forgot about Kaminari for a second before Mina pulled away.

"Hey Kaminari, want to meet up for lunch at 12 for McDonald's and then start the tour?" Mina asked.

"Yeah sure thing."