Chapter 8 - June 29th's Intentions

*Kaminari POV*
5 days later...
Note to self - 1 week until the doctor...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" My parents announced. Along with the Bakusquad?

Anyway, I was walking down the hall. I wore some shorts and a T-Shirt. When I was in mid-yawn, they announced their presence. I hadn't really processed what happened. Do you know those cat videos? When the cat gets scared, it jumps really high into the air. That's what happened. I literally jumped at least two feet into the air, but luckily I landed on my feet. Just like a freaking cat. They are laughing at me.

"Wow, Denki..." Dad said, lightly chuckling.

"Is the kitten okay?" Mina asked, teasingly.

"He's not a kitten, he's a cat." Kirishima put his hands on hips and turns towards Mina. Bakugo rolls his eyes and Sero smirks. My parents go off and start breakfast.

"The more you know...I'm not a kitten or a cat," I say, matter of fact.

"Nah, he's a golden retriever," Sero says, mockingly.

"Or more like a goldendoddle," Bakugo says. They continue on talking about which dog breed I would be. I had enough.

"MOVING ON!" I yell.

They look at me. Bakugo just in his normal pose, arms crossed, expect for one eyebrow raised. The others though, are transfixed in their shock. Mouths are slightly open.

"Could we please move onto a different subject?" I ask, quietly.

Sero raises his hand like he's elementary school. I point to him.

"Well, birthday boy," he starts, teasingly, "what do you want to do?"

I haven't actually thought about anything. Yeah, I know it's my birthday and I should have it all planned out. Right? Well...looks like today is going to be a surprise. I see a quick movement from a pink-haired girl.

"Mina, do you have any suggestions?" I ask.

"Let's have a sleepover," She exclaimed.

"We're not 5 year olds," Sero says.

"Says the person who raised their hand like a kindergarten," Bakugo teases, "Soy Sauce."

"I'm up to it." Kirishima pipes up.

"I'm down to whatever," I say.

"Alright. Bakugo, you don't have to come if you don't want to," Mina says, "Kaminari, when do you want to have the sleepover?"

"My house at 4. Bring sleeping bags, snacks and whatever you might need," I state.

Sleepovers are kid-ish. Yeah, but I haven't one in like forever, so it might be fun. Sometimes it's fun to be a little kid, again. Plus I get to spend some time with Sero. It's a win-win.

*Time-skip brought to you by time"

*Sero POV*

Flashback (4 days ago)

Mina Ashido

Hey, you got a minute?

Yeah , what's up?

I have a crush

Is it a boy or a girl?

It's a boy

Who is he?

So, you know that
boy we met a couple
of days ago?

You like Kaminari

Well...

Yes?

We're helping you and
him become a couple.

Wait. What???

He blushes whenever I
mentioned your name.

Wait. Mina. What
do you mean?

Mina?

MINA?

!?!!!!?!

I put down my phone and tried calling her. She didn't pick up.

Flashback End

I walked with the Bakusquad (including Bakugo, surprisingly), and we all held presents in our hands. Just before we entered Kaminari's house, Mina pulled me aside. Kirishima and Bakugo went inside.

"Mina?" I said, confused.

"Yeah I know I left you-"

"No, why did you pull me aside?" I asked.

"Oh right. Kiri, Baku and I are getting you two together," she announced.

"Wait...what?" I half-yelled at her.

"Yeah, can you flirt?" She asked, curiously.

"Haven't tried," I said, sheepishly.

"Alright. Rule #1-"

"Wait...you're giving me flirting advice." I made it sound like a question and a statement.

"Yes. Number #1: Be confident. Number #2: Laugh and most importantly; smile. Number #3: Tease him a bit. Number #4: Don't let him know. Good luck!" She walked off and opened the front door to his house. Did she want me to flirt with him?

Anyway, I followed her soon after. I walked in and immediately it felt like home.

"I'm so happy, you all came. So, welcome to the Kaminari residence. Any ideas?"

"Truth or Dare."