Chapter 2: A Metaphorical Phoenix

It was relatively easier running through the cave this time, since our brains had gotten a little bit used to the changing colors, but it was still a bit hard. We had to dodge around the Pokemon, not having enough time to battle them. After about four floors, they came to the end of the dungeon- it was large and empty. 

"Mike? Where are you?" I said outloud, my voice echoing in the clearing. Suddenly, three shadows fell from behind us. We quickly turned around and assumed battle stance, and readied our attacks.

"Who are you?! Where is Mike?!" I asked angrily.

There were three Pokemon there. A dragonite, which I assumed to be leader of the team, An Arcanine, which looked rather pleased with himself, and a small Honchkrow who looked like he'd rather not be here. 'Help me please!' he mouthed. Jay and I glanced at eachother, and nodded.

We both charged at them with our dragon type attacks, but they both dodged and the attacks hit the nothing. The Dragonite came after me with an Extreme Speed, knocking me against the wall. I recovered quickly to see the tiny Honchkrow huddling in the corner for a split second, then the Dragonite came at me with an Aqua Tail. I quickly rolled to one side and the Aqua Tail hit the wall, causing some rocks to fall. I readied a Dragon Claw and ran at him, hitting him square in the jaw with all my power. He stumbled and fell, appearing unconcious. I turned to look for Jay to see him surrounded by Arcanines. /so he knows double team, huh./ i thought to myself. Jay looked confused on who to attack, so i flamethrowered all of them until only one was left. We both nodded at eachother. Jay let loose his Tri Attack, followed by my Flamethrower. The result was  three spheres engulfed in flames, hitting the Arcanine three times, knocking him out easily. This was our team attack, we came up with it for a competition. Not only is it rather pretty, but its extremely powerful.

With the Dragonite and Arcanine down, Jay went to tie them up and i went to help the Honchkrow. 

"Okay, you're safe now. You better get out of here befor-" I was cut short by a Hyper Beam to the face. Everything went black- well, white and then black- and i passed out. Before i fell back and hit the floor, I saw the face of the Dragonite, with a large claw mark across his jaw up to his right eye.

 Not long after, someone shook me awake, it was the small Honchkrow. I woke to see Jay and the Dragonite still battling fiercly, Jay firing Dragon Pulses and Tri Attacks, the Dragonite intercepting them with his Aqua Tails.I immediately got up to join them, a little dizzy at first. I prepared another Dragon Claw right for the Dragonite, but figured it would be too dangerous to attack him with Jay locked in combat with him, since it would be supe effective for both of them. I decided that Jay could handle him and decided to go look for Mike. /They fell from the ceiling, so that must mean theres a small room up there.../ I thought. I looked up to see a large hole in the wall. /I'm so awesome!/ I flew up there and peeked inside, and what do you know, there's mike, tied up and mouth duck taped. He looked glad to see me, and i quickly untied (well, burned) the ropes. He tore off the duct tape and jumped down silently with me. Jay spotted us, and we motioned for him to back off a bit. He did so, and Mike and I charged at him, me with Dragon Claw and Mike with Outrage. The Dragonite flew back and hit the wall- hard enough to make a deep hole in the wall- and we know we had won.

Later, when we had them tied up (for good this time) we questioned their names and who they are associated with. We learned that the Dragonite's name was Nick, Demetrius was the Arcanine, and the small Honchkrow was Austin. They were indeed part of the Dodgers, but they wouldn't give any other information besides that and the fact that the leader of the Dodgers wanted to make the world a better place through force. Nick wasn't the leader of the Dodgers, but he and Demetrius were the special agents sent by the Dodgers' leader. Their team name was Team Deathwatch. When questioned if they knew of their boss' whereabouts, they said they didnt know. Nobody knew what to do with them after they finished questioning, so we decided to let them go, but with a warning that if they found them doing bad things again, they would wreck them. 

Somehow, we all had a feeling a great adventure was about to begin.