Chapter 9: Destination

Zena's POV

"Alright, I'll have to escort you through my secret tunnel of awesomeness. Also if you recognize the smell, don't ask about it, capisce?"

Jay and I had rested for an hour or two, and he informed me that Mike was chillin' in Post Town and that we would meet him there. When we were all ready, LoveGame rose out of the water- was he hovering? Jay and I gawked at him for a moment.

"What?" LoveGame asked.

"Are you flying?"

"Uh...yeah...Mantine can fly. Didn'tcha know we're part flying?" He zoomed around us in circles, it seemed surreal to be honest.

"So if you can fly, why don't we just fly over Tha Sinista's territory?" I asked. The leader is a Scrafty, so surely he doesn't operate in some kind of sky palace.

"Well I mean, you can do that, but I'm not risking being shot down by a Pidgeot or something. Tha Sinista've got all kinds of Pokemon...aerial, ground dwellers, water types, magic users, you name it."

"Well I've got some speed potions we could use...we could be able to avoid them." I replied.

I reached into my bag and pulled out the potions. How convenient, I have three exactly.

"Oh my Arceus Zena, do you have *anything* that's legal?" Jay said, facepalming.

"Yeah, I do, actually. I have a pair of Choice Specs I never told you about." I countered. Jay snatched the bag away from me, digging into it looking for the pair.

"You never told me? Dude, I could've had much stronger attacks! Imagine our combined attack if I had some 'specs?"

"Well I was GOING to give it to you for your birthday." I said, smug with my clever excuse for not telling him. I did make a mental note to find him a new birthday present though, since he already knew what his birthday gift would be. I handed the potions to Jay and LoveGame, leaving one for myself. We all chugged them (LoveGame burped).

"Okay, let's get going. Daylight's wasting." LoveGame said, looking amused. He led the way out, flying through the giant hole in the cavern, with Jay and I close behind. Luckily the sun was behind us, so it wasn't blinding. The scent of the ocean was still lingering in the air, which I enjoyed. Though I grew up in a desert, the ocean was always calming whenever we'd visit.  I ended up thinking about everything that happened prior to us traveling now. I recalled LoveGame saying something about Mega Evolution. It sounded vaguely familiar. Wasn't it a short tale or something?

 When Dialga's heart first started beating, Xerneas, the Pokemon of Life, created Araydia. There, Pokemon of every kind dwelled. But the Pokemon there were greedy, they wanted power. They asked Xerneas, 'Bestow upon me the power of Mega Evolution! I want to be the strongest!' When Xerneas replied 'No, you cannot handle such power responsibly.' the Pokemon rioted. Xerneas did not want his Mega Stones stolen, so he transformed himself into a tree, which blended in perfectly with every other tree. The Pokemon gave up on searching for Xerneas. Before he turned himself into a tree, Xerneas said, 'Wake me when peril threatens Araydia. Perhaps then I will bestow upon you Mega Evolution. I will reside in the Forest of Life.' and with that, Xerneas went to rest in the Forest of Life. Nobody has found the tree, the whole story is presumed to be fake. I realized Jay and LoveGame were talking, and focused on them.

"So, I heard you mention something about Mega Evolution. What exactly is that?" Jay had asked.

LoveGame then went and told the story of Xerneas, which I tuned out to, since I had just replayed the whole story in my mind. They spent the rest of the (relatively short, since te speed potions made us fly faster) journey talking about mythology and Legendary Pokemon. I was pretty sure I fell asleep at one point. As we neared Post Town, it became a race for all of us. LoveGame and I tied, Jay was lagging behind, saying he can't fly that fast. Jay contacted Mike on the radio, and said to meet them in the town center.  He greeted us with big hugs, and carrying a lot of souvenirs. Before he could give us a tour of Post Town, LoveGame cleared his throat.

"So I was wondering, could I hang with you guys for your journey? Living alone in a cave ain't all that fun. I could help you guys battle, too." 

Jay and I agreed that he could join us for as long as he likes, but Mike was reluctant to let him join. Of course, we ignored him, and LoveGame happily accompanied us around Post Town. We decided we could head to Palkia's Fortress afterwards. 

Who doesn't like a little relaxation?