Chapter 5: Hail Hydrate

Mike's POV

Everybody was following Jay, nobody speaking a word. Nothing happened, yet , but I suppose we all got lost in our own thoughts. Thoughts are like a path you take, and once you set foot on that path, everything else just disappears. It's you and your own mind. I wasn't really paying attention because I was thinking about that time Zena beat me in a flight competition. I had only entered because I was confident I was an amazing flier, even though I almost never flew, with fear of being knocked out of the sky. She only beat me because I was too scared to fly through the sandstorm she put up to block my vision. She coached me through flying since then, but I still felt nauseous if I  ever flew for too long.

I was torn out of my thoughts when I got funny feeling in my stomach. The same feeling I had when Austin was at our house. Somebody was following us. I looked around me, but all I saw was Zena smiling at nothing and Jay flying ahead with a blank expression. I started to feel nauseous, so I asked Jay if we could stop at a nearby island.

"What, getting tired already?" Jay asked, glancing at me.

"No, it's not that, I just feel a bit nauseous. That's all. Plus you know that I'm not as flight tolerant as you or Zena." I countered. "Normally I get dizzy after the first 15  minutes...its a miracle I even made it this far."

"Oh well, Kiseki Island is not far from here." Zena chimed in. "Jay, lead us in the direction there, yeah?"

"Can do."

We were turning in the direction of Kiseki Island when something agile - and orange- came and hit Zena with an extreme speed. She took a large breath before she crashed into the water. Quick thinking, I thought to myself. It took a moment for Jay to realize we had an attacker (he was so focused on his map), and he dove after Zena. That left me and whatever Pokemon was attacking us. I hovered in the air, our attacker circling me like I was a Wurmple being hunted by a Swellow. Fueled with rage for slowing our trip down, I went after him with a full force Iron Head. As I got closer I recognized him as Nick from Team Deathwatch. Oh, Joy.

Obviously he didnt have alot of practice with Choice Scarf users, because he didn't move out of the way quick enough to take the Iron Head square in the face. The Dragonite fell into the ocean with a large splash, getting my scarf wet, not helping my mood at all. I scoffed and said "Nerd." I was starting to pick up Zena's vocabulary. Not a good thing. I wouldn't admit it, but I was disappointed by how short the battle had been. Suddenly I was overcome with guilt. I cant just let the guy drown...thats just cruel. Sighing, I dove into the ocean to find him. I saw him clawing at nothing a little ways down, he looked like a child to be honest. I went down and grabbed him by the arms, hoisting him out of the water. I decided to take him to Kiseki Island and hold him captive until Jay fetched Zena out of the water. "Activate." The magic radio switched on with a buzz. 

"Jay, are you there? Have you got Zena?" I asked, trying to keep Nick in place as I flew. He was squirming like a child...

"Yeah, we're headed towards Kiseki Island. Zena might need a rest though, she doesn't deal well with salt water, especially when it's up her nose." He responded. 

"Okay, good. By the way, I've got our attacker held hostage, it's Nick from Team Deathwatch. It's in these moments I'm glad Arcanine's can't fly." I said nonchalantly.

"You say it like you think about it often." He replied, snickering.

We landed on Kiseki Island after a few minutes. Nick was still squirming like a child (well, he kind of was a child.) and he ended up headbutting me and I lost my grip.

"Why you little..."

He was about to take off away from the island, but he glanced back at me for a second too late before I tackled him into the ocean with an Outrage. The civilians on Kiseki Island could most likely hear me shouting profanities, but it was the least of my worries at the moment. 

Joshua's POV

We decided to stay the night in one of the hotels Kiseki Island had to offer. This put us a bit behind on our expedition, but we would make it to Palkia's Fortress by tomorrow morning if we went quickly. Tomorrow morning as in the ass-crack of dawn. Zena was fond of night travels, so she'd enjoy traveling at 3AM. Speaking of Zena, she passed out instantly as soon as the hotel keeper person showed us to our rooms. Nick escaped when I arrived with her, but Mike appeared to have showed him what it means to mess with us, so we were fine with it. Mike and I ate supper, saved some for Zena, then hit the hay. We realized she would most likely wake up in the middle of the night, so we didnt expect to get a good rest. It's not like we were particularly tired, anyway.

note: kiseki means miracles in japanese

Chaotic Goodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें