Telephone - Sherlock (BBC)

Month 1
"Whoever acquired this number is probably not authorized to call it. Unless you are [full name], John Watson, Mary Watson, Molly Hooper or Mycroft Holmes, then do not call this number ever again."

"Sherlock, I have been calling for four hours straight, where are you?"

"Sherlock, *sob* Molly just called, she said you were...you can't be dead, I don't believe it!!"

"Sherlock if you don't answer your phone right now, I swear to god I will hunt you down like the dog you are and slap you myself!"

Month 2
"Sherlock, this isn't funny. You've never disappeared like this..please, call back."

Month 7
"I don't want to believe you're dead.."

Month 15
"Hello?"

"Mrs. Hudson, I'm so sorry, I just-"

"I know dear. I'll let the machine get it next time."

"Thank you."

Month 19
"Sherlock, I'm so sorry..."

Month 23
"..."

You sobbed silently as you listened to his voice again and again on the machine. That was the only trace left of his voice. The machine beeped, and you hung up.

You dial his number one final time. You expect to hear the machine when...

"Three thousand, four hundred eighty-five missed calls from you, [name]. This must be urgent."

You gasp at the sound of his voice. You practically throw down your phone, rushing out the door of your flat and immediately waving over a taxi.

"Where to?"

"221B Baker Street, now!" You say. "As fast as you can go, it's an emergency!!"

The cab driver almost slams on the gas, rushing through traffic as fast as he could. He finally looks at your rear stained face. "Mx., are you alright?"

He stops in front of the complex, and you throw a few bills at him. You slam open the door, sprinting up the stairs and almost tripping over your own feet. You open the door. The familiar curly haired man in his coat and scarf turns to you, hand still to his ear.

"Faster than I deduced, you must want to see me badly." He said, hanging up. He smiles genuinely, opening his arms. "I'm back, love."

You run into his arms, letting go of all the emotions you've bottled up in the past two years.

"I'm so sorry, Sherlock..."

"I love you, [name]."