Please understand - Elena (One Day at a Time)

Elena is your best friend in this

Male reader

Let's do this
~~~~~~~~~~
"God, this song is so offensive!" She yelled, ripping the earbud out of her ear. "Why would he pay to cheat on his wife?!"

"Elena, it's just a musical. That I like. And plus, this has already passed and been dealt with, this happened in the seventeen and eighteen hundred." You said, pausing the song. "And plus, it's only 30% accurate."

"Why would someone right a song about that?" She said.

"Miranda wrote about Alexander Hamilton's life, and that was part of it!"

It was always like this. You would try to share an interest with Elena and she would go bonkers pointing out every misogynistic, sexist and racist detail. It's been going on since the beginning of seventh grade.

"Men are so awful." She groans, stomping into the kitchen. "They are disgusting and rude and vile!"

"What about me?" You asked. She paused, staring at you in shock.

"What?"

"Am I disgusting and rude and vile?" She shook her head. "Not all men are like that. If we always focus on everything bad about one thing, we will never see the good."

She stayed silent. "You complain about toxic masculinity, and I hate that too, but toxic feminism is just as bad."

"Are you saying feminism is toxic?" She questioned.

"No!" You yelled at her. "See?! You always do that! I try to share my opinion and then you flip out!"

"I do not!"

"The ukulele, Hawaiian stereotype. Hamilton, topic masculinity. White Christmas, sexist fictional story of greedy men out for money, fame, and easy women." You continued. You put your hands up in almost surrender. "I don't even know how you connected that last one!"

"Men have it easy because they can get away with a lot of stuff." She said. "Just give me this."

"You think its easy for men?" You ask. "I get why you think that, and I respect that. But your image of men is an eight foot beast with a snaggle tooth, covered head to toe in body hair and a balding head, swinging around a sign that says 'women suck' while smoking a large Cuban cigar."

She stayed silent. "Start looking for the good in men, Elena." You said. You gather your phone, earbuds, and backpack. "And if you can't, you aren't looking hard enough."

"What about you?' She asked. "Are you just gonna walk out like we're not friends?"

"Elena, let me tell you one more thing before I take the bus home." You said. "if you can find happiness within your heart and find yourself, you can find it in others. I get that you are only attracted to women, but you can find platonic love in others, too."

She bowed her head a little, scratching the back of her neck. "See ya at school Elena. Maybe we can finish that sociology project another day." You shut the door, sighing. "Elena, what am I gonna do..."
~.~.~
The next day, you walked down the hall, people greeting you occasionally. Suddenly, Elena walked up to you. "Hey [name]."

You were taken aback. "Elena?" You ask.

"It's fine." She said. "I didn't know I was acting so rude and vulgar."

"Elena, it's fine." You said. "I had to call you out on it at least once, but it's no big deal now."

"It is a big deal!" She said. "I realize I had been closing you off and shutting you down since junior high! And I feel so bad for it!"

"Elena-"

"I want to do something you want to do this weekend." She said. "Whatever you want. Bowling, parades, arcade, movies - I'll sit through whatever, even enjoy it."

You smiled. "Love, Simon just came out." You smiled. "We can go tomorrow."

She smiled too. "Lovely." She said.

"And then we can go to that new Chinese place downtown." You said. "I know you hate American Chinese, but I want you to give it a chance-"

"Of course." She said. "[name], you're my best friend, and I don't want to lose this friendship. I've known since kindergarten and I almost know you like the back of my hand. Please don't let me lose that."

"Never." You said. "Elena, you're a great women. You're gonna rule the world one day. I want to see it happen."

She smiled. "Tomorrow after school?"

"Yeet skeet." She chuckled.

"Cmon. Let's get to Phys Ed already." She said.

"After you, madam."

"Thank you, good sir." She said. Elena is the fucking best. And you know it.