Poker Game - Lucifer (Dr Parnassus AU) (PRT 2)

Feminine attire: a knee length red dress slit on one side to the top of your thigh. Can be any top you imagine (off the shoulder, long sleeved, etc). Any shoes.

Masculine attire: a baggy white shirt tucked into brown slacks, a long red like-silk scarf tied around the waist to separate to brown and white. Any shoes.

This is for when Gabriel says "best attire"

And this is the cello song mentioned. I love it, the only song I like from Glee
~~~~~~~~~
It had been days since you last saw Lucy, and you couldn't stop thinking about him. You hadn't told Gabriel, Percy, and definitely not your father. You were on top of the carriage, sitting with Gabriel as you watched Percy steer the horses. Over time you ended resting your legs on his and he layer down. Gabriel sighs.

"You've been awfully quiet, wouldn't you say?" Gabriel asks. "Something troubling you?"

"Quite the opposite Gabe." You said. "Percy, can you hand me a cig?"

Percy throw a carton of cigarettes in your direction, not even turning around. "Light them yourself."

"I will." You said, opening a hatch to find a box of matches and what you could only think was your father's booze stash. You ignored it, lighting a cigarette with the flame. You toss the blackened match over the side into the street. It was once again night, the same circumstances of the night you met Lucy. You took a drag, offering it to Gabriel. He shook his head.

"There's a rumor that your birthday is soon." Gabriel said, propping himself up on his elbows. "How old will you be?"

"How old will I be, Percy?" You yell.

"Sixteen."

You raise your eyebrows at your friend, taking another drag. "I'll actually be twenty-four."

"Sixteen."

"We get it, Percy!" You yelled.

"Why sixteen?" Gabriel asked. "It's not that great of an age."

"It's not my fault." You said, flicking the cig into a puddle of water below. "They've been both saying I'm sixteen since my seventeenth birthday. It's like they're stuck in a loop."

"Sounds like a hassle." Gabriel said.

"I'd say it was a psychological thing, but alas, I don't know."

"Say, why don't I take you into the town in your birthday?" Gabriel suggests, sitting up. "Bars, dances, the festival will be in town."

"Sounds like a load of fun, you two, but Parnassus forbids it." Percy says.

"Percy, don't be such an ass." You said. "It's just one night."

"A lot could happen in one night." He said. "I should know. One minute I'm just having a drink next thing you know I'm driving this damned carriage."

You both laugh. "Come on, Percy, just one night on the town, please?" You asked. "We'll get you anything you want."

"How about food."

"Done."

"And new clothes and fabrics for all of us."

"Done, done."

"And throwing away your dad's liquor stash."

"Definite done."

"And for Christ's sake, get yourself a pair of shoes! You walking around barefoot won't help anyone."

"Alright." You said. "Anything else?"

"That's it." He said. "I hope you caught all of that."

"We did, Percy." Gabriel said. Gabriel turns to you again. "Friday, once night hits we'll go out. Wear your best attire, got it?"

"Got it."
~.~.~
Friday had come, and as always your father was drunk off his ass in his room. Gabriel knocks at your door as your trying to out on your final shoe. "Coming!"

You finally put it on and Gabriel comes in. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, yeah." You said. "Come on, let's get the list that Percy gave us and go."

You grab a piece of paper Percy left on the ground, walking to the top of the moving stage. You open the one hatch again, except all the booze was gone. Damn. You thought. Must've drunk it already. He's a fast son of a bitch.

You walk back down to meet Gabriel, and you shake your head. "Well just have to tell Percy he drank it."

"Percy would freak." You said. "Let's just tell him we threw it out."

"Alright.." He said uneasily. You both open the door, jumping out of the carriage, knowing Percy would come back for you both at three AM. Gabriel turns to you. "Let's go."

The yearly festivals always happened around your birthday, but you were never able to go. You look at the bright lights of the entrance in awe, the lights on the inside even more amazing. You hesitantly walk in, Gabriel shooting you a question look.

"Is something wrong?" He asks. You shake your head.

"It's so amazing." You say breathlessly. You both walk in, and the first place Gabriel drags you to is a bar.
~.~.~
As the night wore on, two am struck and Gabriel was drunk off his ass. He was singing some drinking tune with all of these bar mates you'd never seen before. He said he was friends with them before he joined Dr. Parnassus. You believed him.

Almost the entire festival was under a huge tent, red and white striped like a circus. Many stands; cotton candy, games, toys, food, and many arts and crafts places. There was a giant bar and grill place right at the back, tables set up as music played from a band onstage. The music was fast and tedious, people dancing to it on the main floor as you sat alone, drinking a cup of wine by yourself. You've never liked wine; it tasted disgusting. But it's what Gabriel got you. Suddenly the lights dimmed for no reason, and you looked around. No one noticed it. A familiar hat and suit emerged from the crowd.

You silently gasped, gulping. Lucy.

He sat down next to you, smiling. "I knew we'd meet again." He said cheekily. "What brings you here outside your abode, Mx. Parnassus?"

"My birthday." You said. "Gabriel and I snuck out."

"Gabriel, Gabriel, why does that name ring a bell but no face come to mind." He said, looking out into the crowd, tapping the table with his finger. "It'll come to me, I guess."

You point to Gabriel and his group of drinking buddies. "The idiot raven haired man in the middle of those guys."

Lucy's eyes widened, shock crossing his face, his mouth turned dry. You look at him, perplexed. "Is something wrong?"

"No, no, everything's fine." He said. "You never did tell me why you said sixteen."

"The anklet that I have on, my father put it on when I was about five. He told me to never take it off." You started. "When I was sixteen, my father and Percy stopped referring to me as an actual age. Every year I was turning 'sixteen'."

"What does that have to do with the anklet?"

"It feels connected somehow." You said. "I don't know why. I guess it's just my father being crazy."

His gaze felt worried, like he forgot something and/or realized something. You look into his trembling eyes. "Is something wrong, Lucifer?"

"It's nothing really." He said. Suddenly the band started another song, two cellos as the main and only instruments. Gabriel and his drinking buddies boo-ed, one fell to the floor drunk. Lucifer raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure that thing is Gabriel?"

"Positive." You said, sipping your wine. You hold it up to the light, disgusted by it. "He's not one for good taste, especially if he thought this was wine."

Lucifer takes your glass, sniffing it and taking a sip. He instantly spits it out. "Mx. Parnassus, I'm certain he gave you beer with food dye."

"Explains a lot." You said, dumping the rest on the cement floor. The song was still playing, the cellos  still being the main and only instruments. You've always wanted to learn to play, but alas your father never let you. Lucifer smiles, putting his hat down and standing. He offered his black gloved hand to you.

"Care to dance, Mx. Parnassus?"

You smiled, standing and taking his hand. "Of course."