Chapter 3: Meeting Them

Late that night I awake around midnight. I ran to the window and pulled it open. Time to lave this place. The place I've known as my home for many many years. I jumped through the window and landed on the grass with a small sounds. This cause the guards to look my way.

     He starts to run towards me. Lucky for me this guard was just hired and didn't have a very high power level.

     "Blackout," I said holding up my hand

     (Blackout「大停電ブラックアウト Daiteiden (Burakkuauto); literally meaning "Great Power Outage"」: After summoning his sacred treasure, Gowther uses his power to envelop everything within a three mile radius of himself. Everyone with a spirit level of less than 400 caught within range of the technique is rendered unconscious for exactly ten minutes.)

     He fell to the ground unconscious. I quickly changed into the clothes me and Elizabeth purchased earlier. I took the rest of my belongings and ran towards the plain where I always met Elizabeth. To my surprise she was already there waiting.

     "Hey Elizabeth," I said smiling.

     "Hey," she said smiling back.

     We walked slowly through the town. Neither of us knew where we were going, and we didn't really care. I gradually became distracted.

     Then, my attention focused onto the person I just walked into. I looked up to a pair of golden eyes.

     "I-I'm sorry," I apologized as I stepped backwards. Then I saw he had six others behind him. I knew who they were, but I played it off as if I didn't know who they were.

     "Its alright," he said smiling as he walked behind Elizabeth as he studied every part of her body. And I mean every part. "So where are you two headed?"

     "We aren't really sure," Elizabeth said as she was uncomfortable with the man watching her. "What about you?"

     "We're just walking around," he said. Then a tall boy, who I knew all too well,whispered something into his ear and they walked away.