22. The Day Everything Got Confusing

"Get off me!"

"Shut up!"

"Please…leave me alone!"

"You're nothing!"

"Leave me alone!"

"You'll always be nothing…nothing!"

"You're wrong!"

"You're ugly…and everyone thinks so. They all think you're pudgy and stupid…and worthless."

"No they don't!"

"Yes they do…and when you die…no one will care."

"People will care! People love me!"

"No one…loves you…no one at all."

"That's not true…that's not true! That's not-"

"True!"

One second I was lying against a fluffy, warm pillow, lost in an abyss of dreams. Now I was bolted up, high-strung, and terrified. My hair was probably standing straight off my head. My eyes felt groggy and my feet were freezing. My arms felt swollen from sleeping on the wrong side of my bed.

That was probably the exact moment I realized…I wasn't in my bed.

I wasn't in my house.

Oh…hell.

"What…oh…what…what?" I murmured. That's all I could say. I was in a stranger's bed. I had fallen asleep in a stranger's bed. How did I even get here?! What I had done? Was I dead? Had I been kidnapped? Was this still even Phoenix?

"I'm dead," I concluded, my body trying to escape the foreign sheets. They felt so comfortable yet so immoral. What had people even done in this bed? The thought almost made me keel over.

"I have to get out," I uttered in complete terror and fading sanity.

After finally forcing myself to obey the command, I was busy treading my way through the covers when the door began to open. My eyes widened. My body froze. My heart stopped.

"Hey sleepy head…it's time to get up."

I gasped. I knew that voice. It was familiar. It was safe. It simply represented protection.

It was Leon.

When he walked into the room and flicked on the light, I found myself gasping again. Without a hoodie, you could actually see that he bear muscles. His toned, russet skin was overly consuming with the tight fitting gray muscle shirt. His braid was loose and long. It draped down his back and swished back and forth whenever his head bobbed.

And I, on the other spectrum of life, looked like complete and utter hell.

"Leon!" I screeched, grabbing at my tangled locks, "What…where…what's going on?"

He leaned against the door frame with a smirk, like my inquiry was totally absurd. His arms were crossed as he gave a snicker. His cockiness was starting to become actually cocky.