10. The Dynamically Duo

"Bastion!"

Oh...the hell that was about to unravel.

Leon...and Vincent in the same room.

But he wasn't Vincent.

He was Bastion.

And that meant...my secret world was about to come crumbling down. I could already see it cracking. As Leon walked closer to the figure who had just entered into the room, my heart sank within me. Vincent's eyes were wide with horror and fright. He tried to back away but Leon kept walking closer. Soon, Vincent stopped walking all together. He just stood in a state of utter suspension.

"Is that really you...?" Leon said in a whisper. He shuffled across the floor, rubbed the back of his neck, and faced Vincent.

Vincent didn't reply. He just stared at Leon.

I gulped the rest of my sanity down.

"Bastion...how long has it been? ...A year?" Leon mumbled. He looked at Vincent as if he wasn't even real. It was like he was conversing with a statue. And he was...seeing as Vincent didn't seem like he would ever reply.

That was until...

"You brought him here..."

I gasped.

All of a sudden, Vincent had whirled around to face me and was pointing a judgmental finger in my direction. His face was all screwed up and nasty. A huge frown had overcome his face. His eyebrows furrowed with indignation.

After I had finally gotten over his angered face, I pondered his assertion.

I instantly began to shake my head.

"I did not bring him here!" I demanded, rushing to them both, "I did not bring Leon. He came...he followed me!"

"I only followed you because I wanted to talk to you," Leon muttered, "We need to talk, Mary. ...But now that I see Mr. Welles has come back from the dead-well, I don't even know what to say. Do you have anything you want to say, Bastion?"

Vincent didn't even look at Leon. He had a snide smirk on his face and turned to me.

How I wished he hadn't...

He paced closer to me now, leaving Leon on the outskirts.

"Why did you bring him here?" he growled at me, "Did my constant, persistent air of secrecy mean anything to your silly, dumb, girly brain?! Dumbass!"

"Don't talk to her like that!" Leon quickly intervened, stepping in-between Vincent and I. He glanced at me, gave a reassuring grin, and turned to Vincent with a harsh frown. He didn't remove his glare from him.

"Don't you ever call her that again...you little leprechaun."

...

Instead of an expression of anger, rage, and fury, a look of perplexity and puzzlement overcame Vincent's face.

"Leprechaun?" he whispered in confusion.

Leon shrugged with a goofy grin. It amazed me how quickly he could turn from anger to happiness. It amazed me how well he was taking Bastion's return! It amazed me how fricken fast he determined Bastion looked like a leprechaun and how slow I had come to the realization!

"Yeah...you kinda look like a leprechaun," Leon stated.

"What?" Vincent mumbled.

"Yeah, you do kind of look like a leprechaun," I muttered.

"Doesn't he look like a leprechaun?" Leon laughed.

"SHUT UP!" Vincent cried, running his hands frantically through his bright red hair. His green eyes dashed back and forth from the two of us. He heaved about three sighs.