Chapter 20

Drew explained that Fiona was the woman in the green dress earlier and the man who kissed her was probably her husband Steve.

Fiona then these kind of parties every first Friday of the month. Powerful people all around the world meet here to have fun, drink, dance, poker and do other things they usually wouldn't.

Drew is one of those people. His father allegedly is the white presidents assistant- but I don't know if I should believe that.

"Do you mind taking your dirty hands off of my girl?" Hudson glared at him with crossed arms.

I knew we should act like I was his fiancée but I think he might took this thing too serious.

Drew looked up to him and his eyes widen.

So they know each other?

He whistled congratulatory when he found the diamond in my finger.

"Ha! Why didn't I see that thing before?" He took a step back to look me into the eyes.

Drew kissed the back of my hand and winked at me before he left without any further words.

Hudson grabbed my hands and we continued dancing on beat to with the other couples in the room.

"Did you have to chase him off like that?" I hissed reproachfully.

He just stared blankly at me but then his expression quickly softened.

"I'm sorry" his hand trailed down my back sending shivers all over it.

He locked his eyes with mine.

Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous thing. But lovely. Oh, so lovely.

As we danced I remembered a poem I once read:

"The strongest drug that exists for a human is another human being."

I don't know who wrote it but I know that Hudson slowly became my drug.

His hands drove along my flank and he drew small circles on my body with his fingers.

Hudson slowly leaned down towards me and his lips stopped right before mine.

We were still dancing but I felt like we were alone here and just standing at one spot.

I closed my eyes as his lips brushed mine. He pulled me closer so my body bumped into his and he started placing kisses on my neck.

My skin burned pleasingly where he kissed me.

Then he turned to me again and leaned in for a kiss.

"You wanted to know how I torture women. How I would torture you" he whispered against my lips.

"Well, there you go" with these words he pushed me away and got lost in the dancing crowd.

I just stood there, my hands still in the air and shivers all over my body.

When I found the strength to move I started running.

Moments later I found myself outside in a beautifully arranged garden. Only a few men were standing next to the door and laughing.

I continued walking until I arrived at a small wooden pavilion somewhere far away from the house.

Then, finally I let my tears go. I didn't cry out loud , I just sat there and stared into the darkness.

"You wanted to know how I torture women. How I would torture you. Well, there you go" his words echoed in my head.

I wanted to know more about him but that is NOT what I wanted.

When we danced I felt this tension and his eyes said that he was feeling it too.

He is a weapon, a killer and I forgot that. You can use a spear as a walking stick but that will not change its nature.

What happened to me? Why am I so upset about that?

I shouldn't care about what just happened. Humiliation, okay. But this pain I feel- it's not like we were dating.

My head hurt and I was freezing. The music from the inside was clearly audible here. Someone had changed the music from Bach to JayZ.

I tried to imagine the people I saw earlier dance to this music and a light smile appeared on my face.

"Well, that's no way to treat a lady" Drew showed up and sat next to me.

How did he find me?

"I'm fine" honestly, I currently just wanted to be alone.

He took his jacket off and put it on my shoulders after he wiped away some tears of my face.

"What happened?" Leaned back and gazed at me with his brown eyes.

I turned the ring in my hand and admired the light reflecting in it.

"Nothing. Nothing I shouldn't have known before."