Chapter 39

"Get ready, bitch!" Blue stormed inside my room and viewed me annoyed because I hadn't finished styling my hair yet.

"I told you to not call me that" I hissed as I took my bag and threw my car keys to him. He caught them and rolled his eyes at me.

"You don't like any of my nicknames for you! Dora, Pretty, gorgeous, babe, bird, Pina, little one and the list goes on" he pouted as we walked downstairs and got into the blue Porsche he got us when we arrived here.

The NSJP was very generous. They gave us a lot of stuff we needed and even more which we didn't need. After Blue had a lot of phone calls with his boss they allowed me to work for them. I am still not really a part of them but being Blues sidekick was good enough.

"We are going to an event tonight. Denis Foster is hosting it and our target is Rudy Manerro" he explained as he drove out and handed me a file.

I opened it and looked at it. Rudy was a 39 and has been married to Lisa Manerro for three years now. Blue told me last night that she reached out to the NSJP a few months ago because her husband has been abusing her and having deals with the mafia. I already new all that. The file was just there so I knew who my target was.

We arrived at the shopping center and Blue gave me thirty minutes to go and find a sexy dress. As good as he was as a friend and teacher he was the most impatient person in the world.

I made my way to one of the stores that I knew sold exactly the kind of dresses I was searching for. The fabric was the worst but when I found a short black cocktail dress with a deep v- cut at the front I took it with me and turned to walk to the cash register. I didn't look where I was going so I bumped into someone and when I looked up my eyes met the most beautiful blue orbs I had ever seen.

He had grown a beard and gotten a tan but I still recognized him, of course. Hudson looked down at me with this strange look in his eyes.

I had to go. No, I had to run!

I turned my body to run away but he grabbed me by my arm and still looked at me without saying anything.

"Hudson, let go of me!" I hissed and tried to free myself from his grip. It was useless. He was just too strong for me.

"So that's the first thing you say to me after you ran away and left me behind?" He asked in a hurtful tone. My heart crunched hearing his voice. God, I had missed this voice!

Suddenly someone grabbed my elbow from behind and pulled my arm quickly and painful. Hudson let go of me and I turned around to see Blue standing behind me with a cracking smile on his face.

"We gotta go, mate. It was nice seeing you though" he said and took my hand. We started running and I didn't need to look behind me to know that Hudson was following us.

I still held the dress in my hand, so when we ran out the alarm went off. The cashier yelled something in Spanish but didn't go after us.

Blue opened an escape door and we started running down the stairs. I almost tripped a few times and when we arrived downstairs I was completely out of breath. He opened the door for me but quickly pushed me behind him instead of going out.

I leaned forward to see Hudson pointing a gun at each of us. His body threw a long shadow on us and the sun behind him made it seem like he had a halo. His face was emotionless but his body was all tensed.

"He won't shoot" Blue and I whispered to each other at the same time. He smirked and made a step towards Hudson.

And then something happened which I never would have considered a possibility. He shot. Both of us.