Chapter 48

Hudson and I have been on the road now for a few days. After he told me everything my dad said to him right before he headed to NewOrleans we had decided to go there. I wanted to meet my parents friends and just find out more about the life they have been keeping secret from me. Although I had no names and no address Hudson assured me that we would find them and I believed him.

We currently made a stop in New Iberia at a small shopping center. Hudson had been driving for five hours straight and we had no food in the car.

"This is all my fault. If it wasn't for me this would have never happened" I was just throwing a few bags of Doritos in the shopping cart when he said that.

I turned around to see him looking at a piece of paper. When I walked up to him I saw that it was a picture of my parents and I on my fifth birthday. We were covered in mud because we had a mud fight and the weather was way too hot that day but we were happy.

"No, Kiran was a psycho but can I tell you something?" I wasn't sad when I saw the picture.

Only good memories flashed to my mind when thinking of that day. I feel like that's the only thing that matters. Of course it hurt my heart whenever I thought about them. They will never see me graduate -even though I don't think I will go back to college- they will never see me walking down the aisle or meet their grandchildren. But I want to connect happy feelings and good emotions to the memories of my parents -not sadness.

"Everything" Hudson gave me the picture and I put it in the pocket of my pants.

"You did a really shitty job as a bodyguard. I mean I got kidnapped, my family got murdered and... you know" I tried to let my voice sound as casual as possible as I looked up to his bright blue eyes.

I knew he was shocked by the tone of my voice. He expected me to be sad and depressed because for a moment he seemed pretty distraught but he quickly put a smile on again "You're right. I suck at that." He grabbed another bag of Doritos and put it in the cart "Do you think we would have ended up together if we met under other circumstances?"

I shrugged and turned to him "No".

"No? Why?"

"I would have been to shy to approach you" I admitted and looked down at my feet.

If I was still this shy naive junior who saw a tall blond guy who was basically an Adonis, there would have been no chance I would have ever talked to him. He was way out of my league and the shopper's looks confirmed that.

"Maybe I would have approached you. If I was... I don't know. If I was jut a normal student and met you at college" he said smilingly and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Still. After all that happened I am glad that I have you. I am glad that we met and I am glad that I fell in love with you" I got on the tips of my toes and gave him a peck on his chin.

Sometimes I hated that he was so much taller than me. I felt like a dwarf.

"Now you figured it out with the romantic" he mused as he closed his eyes and smiled.

I punched his stomach playfully "Shut up, asshole."

He just grabbed my chin and crashed his lips to mine. We kissed passionately and for a second I forgot that we were in the middle of a shopping center.

I pushed him away from me and tried to catch a breath. He was a way too good kisser making me loose control every time.

"I love you" I said smiling again and putting my hands on his neck.

"I love you too, Dora the explorer" he gave me a peck on the top of my nose and I glared at him.

I will always hate that nickname!