Chapter 21

Drew had been pretty comforting. He just held me in his arms and petted my back.

Honestly, I knew he expected this to turn into something more but I didn't care. He wanted to use me?

Fine! So be it.

"Are you feeling better?" I looked up to meet his brown eyes.

They kind or reminded me of my dads. I could never kiss someone with Whose eyes reminded me of him.

I nodded but when he leaned closer I quickly got up and straightened my dress.

"I think I should go and look for Hudson. After all he needs to drive me home" I cleared my throat but my voice sounded weak anyway.

Drew smirked and leaned back in the bench. The jacket of his suit tightened as he lifted his hands behind his head and told me to go.

When I arrived in the ballroom again half of the people were sitting on the ground with bottles in their hands and leaning against the walls. They were sleeping.

The other half was dancing some kind of swing dance. Clearly, nobody in here was sober.

I made my way through a big blue door which seemed odd if you compared it to the warm tones inside the room.

The other room turned out to be just as big as the one before. In front of me extended a big bar with two men.

One of them was the man who kissed Fiona earlier. He slept on the bar table and his shirt was soaking wet.

The other man was Hudson. He had built a tower of scotch glasses. Whilst swaying to the music coming from the ballroom he held his glass up high.

"Hudson, we need to go" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

He turned to me and just rolled his eyes. As he stood up he struggled to stand straight so I had to shore him.

"What would- what would you do if you knew you could not fail?" He mumbled as rubbed his eyes.

Slap him right across the face.

I took the glass away from him and put it on the counter.

"I really want to go home. Now" I repeated coldly.

Hudson sighed and viewed me with sad eyes.

His tie was loosened and he had lost his jacket somewhere. The shelves of his white shirt were rolled up and his golden hair stood away in all directions.

"I am sorry. Somehow I always seem to mess it up" he yawned and glimpsed down at me.

"You're right. I'll drive you home" he reached inside his pockets and grimaced as he pulled them out again.

"Where the hell are my keys?"

Great! He lost his keys!

I wouldn't have let him drive anyway but we had to get home somehow.

"Come on, lets go. I'll order us a cab" I said as I lightly pushed him forwards.

We got to the entrance hall and I sat him down on a dark red chair and looked for a telephone somewhere.

Unfortunately Hudson had thrown ours away when he got fired. He feared they might bug us.

"I'm sorry I screwed up. Oh, I am so fucking sorry" he wrapped his tie around his finger.

I started looking around and replied annoyed "sorry for what exactly?"

Fiona came along and carried a big trash bag.

"Everything alright, hon' ?" She placed it next to a grand statue which I think looked like Aphrodite.

I asked her if she could call us a cab but Fiona just shook her head to that.

Well, thank you!

"You guys can sleep over. I have several guest rooms" she commented kindly and pointed to some golden stairs.

Oh!

I smiled shyly and helped Hudson get up. Together we staggered upstairs and a few times I almost fell because he leaned too much against me.

He is a giant, built of muscle and compared to him I look like a dwarf.

"As I was saying" he suddenly broke the silence and pushed himself gently away from me.

"I am sorry."

I caught a look in one of the noble mirrors and flinched as I saw myself.

My hairstyle was totally messed up. Wild strands of hair cupped my face and my mascara drew zebra patterns on my cheeks. The red lipstick I had put on before we left was mostly left on my chin.

We walked the the end of the floor. I opened the door and lead Hudson inside.

He mumbled something inaudible as I took off his shoes and laid him on the bed.